Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Behold HW3 ( First pics ) !!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad someone posted a photo of the 2 computers side by side. Saves everyone from watching a 15 minute video with 5 seconds of useful information.
2lW67v4.gif

The Service Center and Mobile Service techs remove trim parts the same way...so you might want to avoid watching if they ever have to service your trim. ;)
Yup, somewhat agree. I've seen the ranger remove some parts, but not by just yanking with his hand. He had some sort of nice little flat tool about 8 inches long that he reached in there to pop loose the connectors. I also saw a friend of mine installing a lighted T in the back of the car and when he pulled the panel with his hands, it broke a couple of the plastic connectors that held it in place and cracked the corner of his panel (thin plastic). That is what I was referring to :)

Yup, somewhat agree. I've seen the ranger remove some parts, but not by just yanking with his hand. He had some sort of nice little flat tool about 8 inches long that he reached in there to pop loose the connectors. I also saw a friend of mine installing a lighted T in the back of the car and when he pulled the panel with his hands, it broke a couple of the plastic connectors that held it in place and cracked the corner of his panel (thin plastic). That is what I was referring to :)
Fortunately no trim was hurt in the filming of that video. However, I think one of the of the metal clips is MIA. Fortunately they are easy to replace.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Fortunately no trim was hurt in the filming of that video. However, I think one of the of the metal clips is MIA. Fortunately they are easy to replace.
ha ha ha. That's great. Yup, my friend had some metal clips run away somewhere as well. I was just amazed at how easily he damaged a couple of the plastic inserts and cracked his upper panel with just a little bit of pulling. However, that back upper trim on the MX is REALLY THIN. Oh, and the plastic tabs are easy to break as well. He glued back one of them I think. it looks like the front glove compartment parts are quite a bit thicker.

And I hope folks know I was trying to make a joke about not have the film makers work on my car. Joke failed :rolleyes:

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
View attachment 394827
Is this what being gaslighted feels like? Look at the first page of this thread, better yet here’s a picture with the part numbers circled. They don’t match, end of story. Full stop.
No! What you feel is probably the feeling of being tought. Test it yourself by searching a certain Tesla-part on EBAY or Amazon, e.g. "Tesla Model S Parking Sensor". Among some none-hits, here's what comes out:

PN.jpg

As you'll see; 10 for all practical matter completely identical parts, all have the same number 1048473-XX-A, where the XX are all different (07 - 01 - 06 - 03 - 13 - 04 - 00 - 05 - 11).

(Note; two of them have white paint on the front cap, because they have been used in white cars, but still identical parts)

The two digits is an internal code, which is usual for many P/N systems. Tesla can use use it for multibly purposes, and we might never be able to find out what excactly they use it for, but a typical example is to identify the production batch it came from, so in case a manufacturing defect shows up, they only need to recall the 1% of cars with this certain -XX- in the P/N.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller