Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ben Kirsch @ Aftershock Garage Not Returning Calls or Emails

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really sure how to approach this, but I purchased a number of MPP suspension parts for my MYP from Ben. I paid for the parts in full on August 28th but have not been able to get a hold of Ben since (I have emailed, called and text; voicemail is full). I reached out to MPP and they indicated that my parts were delivered to Ben.

Does anyone have a similar experience or insight on how to approach? TIA.

11/27/2021 Update:

I have left multiple voicemails, emails, sent communications and messages through the website, and have now stopped by the physical premises multiple times. I have not been able to get a hold of Ben and there’s been no reply to any of my communications.

Yup, SOS, PDX business registries and did a state registry # search as well. The only business listed for that address is a Tea Company called Plum Deluxe, and there are no registered owners with matching names.

I reviewed my records and found the original PayPal invoice that Ben sent me to pay for the MPP parts. The LLC that was indicated for that transaction was IPDX, LLC. Utilizing that entity name I was able to find the following:

Company Number110967593StatusInactiveIncorporation Date4 May 2015 (over 6 years ago)Company TypeDOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANYJurisdictionOregon (US)Inactive Directors / Officers
Registry Pagehttp://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_we...
RSS feed icon

Recent filings for IPDX LLC

3 Jul 2019
ADMINISTRATIVE DISSOLUTION

23 May 2018
AMENDED ANNUAL REPORT

5 May 2017
AMENDED ANNUAL REPORT

16 May 2016
AMENDED ANNUAL REPORT

4 May 2015
ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION

Here is another LLC of his:

THE BENJAMIN ORDER LLC​

Company Number177405090StatusActiveIncorporation Date27 January 2021 (10 months ago)Company TypeDOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANYJurisdictionOregon (US)Agent NameHARRY BENJAMIN KIRSCHAgent Address815 SE WASHINGTON ST, APT 224, PORTLAND, OR, 97214, UNITED STATES OF AMERICADirectors / Officers
RSS feed icon

Recent filings for THE BENJAMIN ORDER LLC

27 Jan 2021
ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION

Source Oregon Secretary of State (Corporation Division), http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_we..., 17 Nov 2021
ADD DATA (WEBSITE, ADDRESS, ETC)

And another:

PORTLAND EV RENTALS LLC​

Company Number150461698StatusInactiveIncorporation Date14 December 2018 (almost 3 years ago)Company TypeDOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANYJurisdictionOregon (US)Inactive Directors / Officers
RSS feed icon

Recent filings for PORTLAND EV RENTALS LLC

13 Feb 2020
ADMINISTRATIVE DISSOLUTION

14 Dec 2018
ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION

Source Oregon Secretary of State (Corporation Division), http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_we..., 17 Nov 2021

I wanted to share my experience with the community so others may avoid my unfortunate situation. Aftershock garage was recommended to me by Danny Ren @ Model+ Studio for suspension work and parts for our Tesla.

Long story short, I purchased $1600 worth of MPP suspension bits for our Tesla on August 28, 2021 from Ben Kirsch the owner of Aftershock Garage in Portland, OR. At first Ben was responsive, but then completely ghosted. I have sent multiple kind emails, texts and have even stopped by the physical premises a number of times to no avail. His VM is full and not accepting messages, and the phone goes straight to VM.

I am now working through PayPal and my credit card to get the money refunded.

Further details and some business registry information:

The website and contact info:

I wanted to share my experience with the community so others may avoid my unfortunate situation. Aftershock garage was recommended to me by Danny Ren @ Model+ Studio for suspension work and parts for our Tesla.

Long story short, I purchased $1600 worth of MPP suspension bits for our Tesla on August 28, 2021 from Ben Kirsch the owner of Aftershock Garage in Portland, OR. At first Ben was responsive, but then completely ghosted. I have sent multiple kind emails, texts and have even stopped by the physical premises a number of times to no avail. His VM is full and not accepting messages, and the phone goes straight to VM.

I am now working through PayPal and my credit card to get the money refunded.

Further details and some business registry information:

The website and contact info:

Just curious... why was PayPal involved? If this were a common credit card payment, it seems like the solution would be quite simple.

I hope my story is not going to end the same as yours. I dropped off my 2017 Model S to Ben for repair. He is not returning calls, emails or texts. The shop has been closed each time I go by. I have left messages for him every day for the past two weeks. I did speak to him about two weeks ago and he said he was not able to fix my car and I could come get it. I think my next step is to get the police involved. I hate to do it if something bad has happened to him, but it does seem like he is not operating his business in a very good manner. I was referred by an electric car shop in Albany. When I spoke to Ben two weeks ago, he did mention that there was a break in at his shop and several things were stolen. Not my car, but maybe.

Anyone else do business with Ben (Aftershock Garage)? I actually checked yelp before going and he had some good reviews.