Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Bike Rack for Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, gang, I am new to this thread but I am tired of storing my bikes for riding inside my Model X... and the Hybrid ICE SUV that I use to haul bikes around with a strap to the back bike carrier is in the shop and probably on its last legs... so I finally went out and installed the Bonsil hitch that came with my car and found an inexpensive Avenn two bike hitch mount that has most of the things I need... a two arm hanging mount, two bike capacity, and a swing down option to get into the back trunk.

However, one of the drawbacks that most have not mentioned is that while backing up, the proximity alarm goes wild and alarms constantly. Do I need to put the car in trailer mode while backing up, or is there another way to turn off the alarm? I did not see this mentioned in any of the posts!

Reminder to self! With a bike in the back, do not release the trunk until the bike is off the rack and the bike rack has been tilted!

Mike P

You can disable the backup sensor, it's on one of the menus. I would have spent the extra money and bought a better rack. I'd gamble that you're going to open your trunk into the rack unintentionally, or, somebody else will. I've had the trunk open from the keyfob being pressed in my pants.

Thanks, I will have to put it on and try it out. I looked at the Thule deluxe models but some of them did not get good reviews, but I don’t remember which ones. I also did not want a single overhead bar but a dual bar system to keep the bikes from swinging around. You are probably right, you get what you pay for, but I needed something quick… and less expensive!

Thanks, I will have to put it on and try it out. I looked at the Thule deluxe models but some of them did not get good reviews, but I don’t remember which ones. I also did not want a single overhead bar but a dual bar system to keep the bikes from swinging around. You are probably right, you get what you pay for, but I needed something quick… and less expensive!

Kuat and 1Up make great racks, for future reference (first few posts lol)

Well.... So I put the bike rack on and then opened the back and of course! They collided! I caught it just in time. No damage done. Yet.

I still need help, though. I cannot find the section in the control panel for turning off the back up warning. Can you help me find it?

Some warnings you can turn off by pulling the autodrive stalk back 4 times.

Mike P

Well.... So I put the bike rack on and then opened the back and of course! They collided! I caught it just in time. No damage done. Yet.

I still need help, though. I cannot find the section in the control panel for turning off the back up warning. Can you help me find it?

Some warnings you can turn off by pulling the autodrive stalk back 4 times.

Mike P

Buy another rack lol. It's gonna be cheaper in the long run...

Put the car into reverse and look for the sound icon in the bottom right.