Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Comments on EV Stories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These replies are 278days old, but funny to read!!! (I apologies on behalf of the Leicestershire people, some just don't get it or have no common sense!)

Article here with comments at end:

Electric car charging trial costing over £100k to go ahead

The first comment compares Electric cars to lawn mowers!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: pow216 and Jez_GB
As I live in the same area I will have to drive down and try one.
Hopefully they will start upgrading the 100+ 13A EV charge bay sockets in the High Cross car park as well. There must be enough supply for a goodly number of 32A Fast chargers.
Park in the Rooftop carpark over the Highcross and not the Big Main one on the road across from John Lewis, there are about 8nr 7kw chargers on PodPoint (Free to use) on the lowest level.

The Main Car park is a joke with the 3pin sockets. Yes there are loads but everyone just parks in them and they are slow with your UMC. Also i think the plug does not fit in the unit very well (not tried myself). Also parking is the same price at both car parks (Sunday is £4 all day and charge for free)

Reactions: Rustybkts
These replies are 278days old, but funny to read!!! (I apologies on behalf of the Leicestershire people, some just don't get it or have no common sense!)

My god those comments are purified ignorance.
Oh and just for the record, I got a Bosch electric lawnmower (did a little review on goingelectric.de years ago). It has more power than any gasoline mower. Granted, it's a lot pricier but it's built like a tank and cuts even the thickest grass with a ferocity that you wouldn't believe, and we've had some high powered mowers including a large sit-on one.

But of course if you buy a cheap 24V model then that won't get you far.

Reactions: davidmc
a new EV story in this is money saying that it is now cheaper to own an EV than a petrol car.
Plenty of sensible negative comments like the people pointing out that the breakeven point was about 14 years and no one keeps a car that long so it was a bit of a pointless story TBH.

I loved this comment though:
"
They have shown an advert on the tv showing 200miles between charges. My question is how much it will cost to charge? I have a customer in Sheffield that I can travel to and from 3-4 times on 1 tankful, yet I would need to charge this every night. They say how good they are but what is the true cost?
"
damn it if only there was some way to get the answer to a question like that. we might have another convert to EV's :)

All the old favourites were represented as well of course:

"
Yep - I'd rather stump up the extra 2p and fill my car with diesel every 550 miles in under 5 minutes rather than hanging around for 8hrs at a service station every 200 miles.

Where are all the windmills going to go and who is going to maintain them?

They may be cheaper but they're just not as good.

Hydrogen is the way to go.

#fakenews

Can you take electric cars through a car wash?

Don't be so stupid, where does the electric come from? Nuclear fission leaves more harmful waste than any carbon waste. it's undisputed.

If you are a low mileage driver, electric is more expensive as the monthly battery lease is more expensive than the petrol you're using.

Battery pack will last 3 to 4 years at best.

Hmm how long will the battery packs last I wonder.... certainly not 10 years!
"

There were plenty of EV's defenders as well of course but the were mainly downvoted and called remoners for some reason.

a new EV story in this is money saying that it is now cheaper to own an EV than a petrol car.
Plenty of sensible negative comments like the people pointing out that the breakeven point was about 14 years and no one keeps a car that long so it was a bit of a pointless story TBH.

Should be built into the 2nd hand value. Tangentally, I was briefly looking at value of old EVs, and saw Model-S with over 120k miles, but free supercharging for life at around £30k - I didn't compare to the similar age/mileage ICE - but I guess the range is still well over 200 miles on a charge.

If you are a low mileage driver, electric is more expensive as the monthly battery lease is more expensive than the petrol you're using.

Actually, that one is/was often true. I would have probably gone EV 5 years or so back had this not been true for my use case. iirc Renault wanted around £80 battery lease a month when my petrol was around £35/month. In the end, I went for a very low CO2 petrol. Not sure if leasing the battery is as common as it once was.

There were plenty of EV's defenders as well of course but the were mainly downvoted and called remoners for some reason.

Most of the anti-EV comments really do belong in what Dave Gorman calls "the bottom half of the internet". The remoaner comments show that many on the anti-EV replies are from Brexiteers - another topic in which their mis-guided ideology ignores the growing financial reality :rolleyes:

Reactions: tsh2
I bet the more established car dealers across the country aren’t treating EV as a joke any more, especially those that don’t have a product to offer now / within next 6-12 months.

Any sense of having a pop at the technology will be well and truly quashed as they watch their sales figures trickle yet further downwards ....

I still wouldn’t say no to a V10 M5, E46 CSL or RS4/RS6 Avant though - EV owners / converters can still be petrol heads if they want without having these weird and wonderful opinions ...

Actually, that one is/was often true. I would have probably gone EV 5 years or so back had this not been true for my use case. iirc Renault wanted around £80 battery lease a month when my petrol was around £35/month. In the end, I went for a very low CO2 petrol. Not sure if leasing the battery is as common as it once was.
I think the key is "was" no one sells battery lease vehicles anymore. Most stopped it years ago but every EV story still gets a number of comments about the hidden cost of battery leasing

The first comment compares Electric cars to lawn mowers!

View attachment 555173

View attachment 555174

View attachment 555175
Comparing an EV to a lawnmower is classic!

Weak power? Can someone explain why the M3P I've just ordered has 200 bhp more (and, probably much surprisingly, slightly more torques) than the 3 litre V6 diesel it's replacing?

Maybe because it's not a lawnmower.

If course, it'll have none of this power in the winter, or if I want to turn on the lights, as I understand it.

Comparing an EV to a lawnmower is classic!

Weak power? Can someone explain why the M3P I've just ordered has 200 bhp more (and, probably much surprisingly, slightly more torques) than the 3 litre V6 diesel it's replacing?

Maybe because it's not a lawnmower.

If course, it'll have none of this power in the winter, or if I want to turn on the lights, as I understand it.
And enjoy it while you can your battery will be landfill in about 2 years ;)

I guess some people just don't get EV's.

My sister for example, I showed her a video fo the M3 to explain the differences between it and a normal car. When they demonstrated the froot she asked where all the engine "stuff" was. Also asked me where I'll put the oil and coolant. Some people are going to have a hell of a learning curve!