Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best convex mirrors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had Suma mirrors and really liked them. Has anyone used these? One third the price, but are they worth buying?
[Updated] Although not in the product description the TParts replacement side mirror does appear to have wiring for the mirror heating element for defogging/defrosting (see video). The Suma mirror has the heating element. It is unclear from the product description if the TPart side mirror supports auto dimming in those Tesla Model 3, Model Y that came equipped with autodimming side mirrors.

Last edited:
I had someone overseas order the Tesla export side mirrors from their service center and had them shipped to me. Both sides are convex and have the auto dimming feature. The right hand side doesn’t have ”Objects in mirror are closer than they appear”. Price was around $250 each plus shipping.

GLASS, EXT. MIRROR PREMIUM EXPORT LH MY 1609853-00-A

GLASS, EXT. MIRROR PREMIUM EXPORT RH MY 1609854-00-A
Thanks for this info!!! was looking to get wide angle but wanted to keep the dimming function!
Plus this is OEM to boot!

I've had Suma since day 1. They came with the heating elements but no auto dimming, which I don't seem to miss. I used to have one in my previous car.

If you set Suma to the extreme angles (Model Y barely lets you set at this angle at extreme positions), it covers 100% of blind spots and a bit more - my lateral vision overlaps with what I see in the mirrors. I can barely see the side of the car as well, which is nice during tight parking maneuvers.

In all of my previous vehicles, I always used 2" sticky mirrors which worked well for me, but my eyes are slowly catching up to my age and I can no longer see those clearly enough to trust what I'm seeing. Also, these little mirrors don't heat, so during the winter, it was a pain under certain circumstances. I used to carry windex spray so that I can clear this little mirror when I really needed.

I got one pair from Amazon for $39. They are perfect and not too convex, so I only see upto next lane on drivers side. They are slightly blue tinted and not auto dimming but doesn’t bother me with my tinted windows.

Arcoche Side Mirror for Tesla Model 3 Rear View Mirror with Anti Glare Panoramic Blue Glass Lens and Heat defogging (1 Pair) (Model Y-1.5X field of view-1 Pair)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so objects (cars) are even CLOSER than they appear with these...

Been doing that for at least seven or eight years with a Volt, a Model 3, a Y LR, and my Performance Y. I still turn my head to be extra safe, but it's 1000% better having that awareness before you even need to turn your head.

Also, I'll never understand why people want to see their own car... you're in your car, you know where it is. If you want to see the side/back of it, get out and look at it, I guarantee it looks better when looking at it like that vs in a mirror and just part of a rear quarter panel and side...