Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Deal I have found for winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if you or anyone else would know this but if you buy tires from Kal Tire, do they offer a seasonal wheel swapping service? Or is that extra? I'm talking about swapping wheels entirely, not removing the tire from the rim and remounting a new tire.

I think there has been some changes at Kal. Originally they did, but now they seem to charge somewhere around $50 for seasonal swaps.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I think there has been some changes at Kal. Originally they did, but now they seem to charge somewhere around $50 for seasonal swaps.

Great, thank you. I just got my TOCO account activated today and was able to get the offerings PDF as well as the letter. I'll probably pop over to the Kal Tire near my work this week to discuss my purchase of Hakka R3's.

Reactions: mknox
Went this morning. The price for the R3 and the Xice are pretty much the same. $1575 all in including sensors, install and tax. That’s with the discount. Rims were insane. None less than $300. Don’t want to spend that for winter rims. Anyone got a lead on a decent set?

One thing though is that neither tire is available with the same speed rating ‘w’ as the stock Michelins. The guy said you should match but you could get away with less. Not sure about this. Anyone want to weigh in on that?

@Mad Hungarian said they should have Model 3 rim offerings by fall.

I guess so. Some folks don't mind steel rims. Some want a nice looking set. I fall in the latter category but I'll be using my oem rims and buying new ones for summer next year.

I’m leaning this way too. Use the Aero 18’s and stock tires for the fall, swap on winter tires for the winter, and shop for new summer rims/tires for the spring. Thinking 19’s... but 20’s look sweet too.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ