Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
long time lurker, patiently waiting for model y updates, but recently registered.. just wanted to thank everybody for the helpful financing tips. Can any one PM me a referral code (or help generate) since my account may be too new?

As mentioned, you can try applying through DCU for a lower rate, but it appears now Tesla will only match their 65 month term to a 60 month term.

If you want a term lower than 2.49% right now, probably the best bet is to apply for the 72 month auto loan with DCU and you'll be able to get it at 2.24% since they take of .25% for an EV loan. Then you would be able to rate match that with Tesla without any issues. I plan on going this route only if Tesla doesn't match the 1.24% loan to 72 months when I give it try in late July or in Aug.
This is not true as of yesterday. They matched my loan exactly to DCU's approval including the length, loan amount, and interest rate.

DCU ran credit check? and that will be a hard inquiry right?
If you want the official paperwork for [email protected] then yes DCU will do a hard inquiry. But it doesn’t matter, once you have 1 hard check for auto within the same month it all counts the same for multiple checks.

And if you are already applying with Tesla then your hard check for an auto loan for this recent moment in time does no more harm to your credit.

Most Credit Scores Will Count Multiple Car Loan Inquiries As One

Reactions: TesMY
As mentioned, you can try applying through DCU for a lower rate, but it appears now Tesla will only match their 65 month term to a 60 month term.

If you want a term lower than 2.49% right now, probably the best bet is to apply for the 72 month auto loan with DCU and you'll be able to get it at 2.24% since they take of .25% for an EV loan. Then you would be able to rate match that with Tesla without any issues. I plan on going this route only if Tesla doesn't match the 1.24% loan to 72 months when I give it try in late July or in Aug.
The payment difference between 2.04 and 1.24 on $40k over 72 months is $14/mo., which is over $1000 in monthly savings.

Anyone available to send me a DCU referral code? (I'm new so I cant send out DMs, please DM me if necessary)

I'm looking to open a DCU account to get a loan from DCU, hoping for a 1.49% or even lower! Btw, how are people getting under 1.0% from DCU?

I was able to do a post delivery rate match to DCU, so Tesla will mail me a check.

Out of curiosity, what's stopping someone from doing the post delivery rate match and then refinancing anyway to pocket the check and have a lower rate?
Haven’t thought about that. But I guess there is some risk in that they don’t match you. But in the end you would still have a lower rate.

Some refi rates aren’t as low either. But DCU is refinancing with the same low rates.

Haven’t thought about that. But I guess there is some risk in that they don’t match you. But in the end you would still have a lower rate.

Some refi rates aren’t as low either. But DCU is refinancing with the same low rates.
I could wait till I get the check and then do a refi to effectively double dip. Too risky to do it now since they won't mail the check for 6 to 8 weeks. And I'm not sure it's worth the effort to do it and deal with the direct deposit at DCU to keep the 1.24 rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.