Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know how long it usually takes for tesla to rate match? sent the lower rate offer over to my operations advisor, who forwarded it to the rate match team yesterday afternoon. she said I should see the updated rate by today but it's still showing 2.49%. wondering how long I should wait before I bug her again lol (delivery on sunday!)
It took them about 24 hours to respond recently Wednesday 4pm submission, they responded at around 2pm Thursday.

Thanks to all, I'm at 1.99%, looking to get a call back to see how I can get that down to 1.24%. Assuming they have to add the car for .24% and I need to see how to get the .50% worked out. Not entirely sure what the details of that discount are as of yet.

Hey guys, since we are doing some of these tricks to move from DCU to Tesla, anyone know how to get Gap Insurance with Tesla or what you did to get it outside of Tesla? I've never bought a car without it. Peace of mind for 200 bucks or so.

When you are all saying finance through Tesla, does Tesla actually finance? I recently ordered a MX a few months ago and opted to go through Tesla but they sent it out to Wells Fargo. Is that common? I have extremely good credit. Can I change my financial institution who I want to finance through or does Tesla not allow that?

I used a Credit Union that included gap insurance by default for no fee as part of my auto loan. Didn't realize it wasn't always included since it was my first time financing a vehicle. Does anyone know what the additional fee for GAP at DCU is?

When you are all saying finance through Tesla, does Tesla actually finance? I recently ordered a MX a few months ago and opted to go through Tesla but they sent it out to Wells Fargo. Is that common? I have extremely good credit. Can I change my financial institution who I want to finance through or does Tesla not allow that?
tesla finances through banks, not their own financing. "finance through tesla" = apply for financing through the tesla website. my financing "through tesla" connected me with US bank.

Reactions: nBar5EV1
Here is a post I contributed a while ago. Yes, Tesla uses other banks...

Some folks have been curious to what banks Tesla is sourcing for their financing. Sometimes you can even just ask Tesla for a better rate and they go to their various lenders to see a lower rate is possible. According to Tesla's Credit Application Terms & Conditions PDF, here are the banks they are using:

View attachment 673987

Reactions: nBar5EV1
First post.

Got a "Final Balance is now Ready" email today and lo and behold, there was a VIN assigned in my account (White/White/7 seat).

As mentioned by someone here, Texas Tech CU is giving 0.99% interest rate. Going with them.

If only I can find who my SA is. Need to call them to tell I am partially financing.

First post.

Got a "Final Balance is now Ready" email today and lo and behold, there was a VIN assigned in my account (White/White/7 seat).

As mentioned by someone here, Texas Tech CU is giving 0.99% interest rate. Going with them.

If only I can find who my SA is. Need to call them to tell I am partially financing.
How long did it take you to get the vin after you ordered?

Status
Not open for further replies.