Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Mud Flaps Head-to-Head comparison?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to get mud flaps for 2023 MY. I saw the following brands recommended on different threads: Abstract ocean, Rally Armor, Rokblokz. They are all getting good reviews but I couldn't find any objective review of how they stack up against each other as far as: durability, effectiveness/protection, aesthetics, effect on drag (profile) ,ease of install etc. Does anyone have any opinion or it's a crap shoot?

Just get these:

Durable plastic for the mounting and flexible flap for high speed bumps & other obstacles, but not so flexible they’re flapping in the wind like some do. Same size, materials, look, easy mounting and quality as Tesla’s flaps, and less than $40 on Amazon for a set of 4.

You can buy big ones like Rally Armor (which likely have aero drag) or others for a high price, but the Tesla design & mounting type is great balance of protection, flexibility, durability and easy install while minimizing aerodynamic impact. That link above is essentially the same product for much less, and it and works fine, no issues here.

Forgot to add the kit I bought fit a 2023 Austin built Model Y. On the rear flaps just be sure the hole farther into wheel well is lined up and flush before inserting the clip.

Last edited:
For serious flappery there is only one - Rally Armor. Large and in charge - Rally Armor sells mud flaps that are specifically designed for the Tesla Model Y. The Rally Armor mud flaps come with metal clips specifically designed to securely attach the mud flaps to the Tesla Model Y. This level of quality comes at a price. You can select different colors but you can't delete the Rally Armor logo. Think Canadian winter, gravel roads, unpaved roads and salt mines and you will know you have chosen the right mud flaps for your Tesla Model Y.

The Tesla (front only) mud flaps are easy to install . The Tesla mud flaps for the Tesla Model Y only requires a few minutes and a flat head screw driver to remove the factory clips and insert the longer clips provided with the Tesla mud flaps. Front mud flaps solve 90% of the problem. (Don't forget to add the paint protection film to the rear doors. Tesla may have already installed the PPF on the rear doors, if not Tesla sells a PPF for the rear doors.)

Everything else - See Amazon for a wide selection of front/rear mudflaps to meet your needs.

Rally Armor all the way. Just installed yesterday a set on our new 2023 M3P. The Rally Armor mud flaps on our 2019 M3P-, sitting beside the new M3P in the garage, are still perfect. These flaps are flexible, do not break when you run across something, do not wrap around the fender/paint, and hold up well. Only real mud flaps I found for a Tesla.

Reactions: COSkiBikeRun
Rally Armor all the way. Just installed yesterday a set on our new 2023 M3P. The Rally Armor mud flaps on our 2019 M3P-, sitting beside the new M3P in the garage, are still perfect. These flaps are flexible, do not break when you run across something, do not wrap around the fender/paint, and hold up well. Only real mud flaps I found for a Tesla.
no cheap at $180+. did you find a promo code?

Reactions: ionsphere
Unpopular opinion but i had RA and didn't care for the look. Too big and boxy and really hid the rear wheel from behind which took away from the aggressive look of my tires. I'm sure they are the most effective for this reason though. $180 for mudflaps? I went back to my stock mud flaps which came with the car and ended up cutting them down after lowering. They are very flexible and perform good enough for me.
IMG_9880.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Skavatar
I got mine from Teslarati. $50 for a set of 4. Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps (4 piece complete set)

Then I got my car and it came with factory mud flaps, which don't look that great IMO. But I'll keep them since they are free.

I installed the rear ones; no drill needed, not difficult to do (I'm usually very slow with this type of stuff). I think these look better. They have a slight curvature and look OEM, while the factory ones are flat (and look kinda aftermarket).

Does anyone have any experience with Rokblokz? They're flat style which I'm looking for, slightly less aggressive than RA, and cheaper.

I have a set of RokBlokz I'm debating whether to put on or not. The plastic retaining clip piece is a pain and a half to get on. The flaps are hard plastic, unlike the flexible RA. So if they hit anything it could potentially stress the mounting points. I'm interested in whether the dimensions differ, which I'm about to make another post on.

I have a set of RokBlokz I'm debating whether to put on or not. The plastic retaining clip piece is a pain and a half to get on. The flaps are hard plastic, unlike the flexible RA. So if they hit anything it could potentially stress the mounting points. I'm interested in whether the dimensions differ, which I'm about to make another post on.
I ended up just getting these which came free with their all weather mats set during black friday.