Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Mud Flaps Head-to-Head comparison?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
19 shipped from aliexpress. same part resold by everybody for 2x. two push fit connectors in the front, two push fit and your existing 10mm bolt in the rear. mine actually arrived broken, but it fits well and is cheap enough i don't care if they get destroyed

e8e091c479c032a614177775521b8994.jpg

(no affiliation)

Gyazo

Reactions: wildguess
Unpopular opinion but i had RA and didn't care for the look. Too big and boxy and really hid the rear wheel from behind which took away from the aggressive look of my tires. I'm sure they are the most effective for this reason though. $180 for mudflaps? I went back to my stock mud flaps which came with the car and ended up cutting them down after lowering. They are very flexible and perform good enough for me.View attachment 978503
Any chance you're willing to part with the old Rally Armor mud flaps? I would be interested in buying them if they're available.

Rockblokz (top, hard plastic) vs Rally Armor (bottom, flexible). RB are slightly shorter but coverage is basically the same
IMG_1829.jpeg

Rally Armor (bottom) vs current trendy flexible Amazon white-label (Topfit, Foxpark, etc) flaps (top). You can see the Amazon flaps have much less coverage.

IMG_1895.jpeg

I’ll also point out that the Amazon and other cheapo flaps that use push clips, those clips are a pain to remove if you ever need to and risk losing pieces of the anchor inside the hole. They don’t “unscrew” the same way they install and you just need to break them apart.

I have these on our Y for over 3 1/2 years now through harsh Canadian winters. Still look like new and perform perfectly. These came out before Rally Armour by the way and do look fairly similar. Located and made in Canada, priced in CAD but shipping to the US may be a deal breaker.

Our winters are rough on mudflaps and am now on my second set of Chinese brand on the MS, first ones were made of too hard plastic and broke off not to mention the attachments used on many of these are OK in California however throw in 5 lbs of snow/ice on them and see how well they hold up. Cannot comment on the second set on the S as they are only a few months old. Sure wish EV mudflaps made them for the MS.

I put the Rally Armour on my MY right after I bought. Have a trip from Denver to Aspen in the snow as well as several from Denver to Winter Park and back in the Snow and they have held up well and prevent snow build up along the car. They are expensive but if you keep your car for 7+ years, what is $180?

After washing my car today I noticed a whole lotta small paint chipped damage along the bottom edges of the doors. Not so much on the rear behind the rear tires. I found this thread and decided on Rally Amour even though I don't see a big need for rear mud flaps. The Basenor flaps came up high on Amazon after selecting for Tesla MY but reviews not stellar for people living in deep snow pack. The RA didn't come up at all for me on Amazon for whatever reason. In the end, I'm leaning toward the Tesla front flaps; $40 for the pair. I want function and don't care much about how they look. (If I cared about looks I wouldn't be driving a white MY along with the zillion others in CA; daily reminder of the amusing scene in "leave the world behind").
Thoughts on the Tesla OEM front flaps function for "real" winter in deep snow conditions? Are they flexible rubber?

Thoughts on the Tesla OEM front flaps function for "real" winter in deep snow conditions? Are they flexible rubber?
I didn’t mention above but I went from the OEM flaps to Rally Armor on one of the cars. OEM are hard plastic, have pretty good coverage better than most aftermarket. They can rub on speed bumps because they are pretty long and pull on the wheel liner at the mounts if they get hit. They are a little narrower than RA like the aftermarket photo I show above. Rear are not necessary but prevent a tiny bit of splashing on the rear bumper. If you’re in OC you can have my OEM flaps they just look a little rough but still work.

Last edited:
After washing my car today I noticed a whole lotta small paint chipped damage along the bottom edges of the doors. Not so much on the rear behind the rear tires. I found this thread and decided on Rally Amour even though I don't see a big need for rear mud flaps. The Basenor flaps came up high on Amazon after selecting for Tesla MY but reviews not stellar for people living in deep snow pack. The RA didn't come up at all for me on Amazon for whatever reason. In the end, I'm leaning toward the Tesla front flaps; $40 for the pair. I want function and don't care much about how they look. (If I cared about looks I wouldn't be driving a white MY along with the zillion others in CA; daily reminder of the amusing scene in "leave the world behind").
You should install the Tesla PPF kit for the Tesla Model Y to protect the lower part of the rear doors from stone chips.

I didn’t mention above but I went from the OEM flaps to Rally Armor on one of the cars. OEM are hard plastic, have pretty good coverage better than most aftermarket. They can rub on speed bumps because they are pretty long and pull on the wheel liner at the mounts if they get hit. They are a little narrower than RA like the aftermarket photo I show above. Rear are not necessary but prevent a tiny bit of splashing on the rear bumper. If you’re in OC you can have my OEM flaps they just look a little rough but still work.
thanks for the info. might not work well in deep snow. I did order them figuring $40 no big deal. I'm in San Diego but thanks for the offer.

I got mine from Teslarati. $50 for a set of 4. Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps (4 piece complete set)
I have the same ones and like them. So far they've been on two snowy road trips from Denver to the Winter Park area over Berthoud Pass and have held up well. The rear mounting configuration is extremely sturdy (2 x bolts and 2 x plastic rivets). No issues caused by several pounds of frozen slush hanging off them, and they provide a decent amount of protection. They're not very flexible but don't hang down too low (at least on my LR) so I haven't experienced any scraping over speed bumps or parking lot entrances.