Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best mud flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any links for the 'Farasla' mud guards?

But most importantly for me, since I live in the desert (hardly any rain), is if they reduce efficiency, by adding drag. Or better said, how much drag at highway speeds they add. Wouldn't like to lose too much efficiency, since it's already pretty bad in winter at 80+ mph (TX). Thx.

This mudflap decision is torture. I currently have the Tsoloutions version on order and a set of RPM at my front door. I got spooked when reading about the damage the body hugging types might cause so ordered the TS versions instead. But now I'm reading that they don't stay put which is unacceptable given their price. I also have the Tesla All Weather PPF on order which I'll probably install before the mudflaps. I'm petrified driving here in PGH without any protection. How are the RPM's holding up?

This mudflap decision is torture. I currently have the Tsoloutions version on order and a set of RPM at my front door. I got spooked when reading about the damage the body hugging types might cause so ordered the TS versions instead. But now I'm reading that they don't stay put which is unacceptable given their price. I also have the Tesla All Weather PPF on order which I'll probably install before the mudflaps. I'm petrified driving here in PGH without any protection. How are the RPM's holding up?
If you install the TSolutions I would recommend adding a little extra double-sided mounting tape (make sure it's automotive or outdoor rated) to the rears. The rears are the ones that tend to come loose or bow out because of the way they were designed to be mounted. Their lower mounting clip puts tension on the flap that causes these issues. If I have time one day, I'll probably figure out a way to get rid of that metal clip in the rears and fasten the flaps a different way.

Reactions: iSpine
If you end up installing the body hugging ones, just make sure you have something to protect the paint (usually PPF) between the body and where the flaps touch the paint. If you look at Amazon reviews there are usually comments that mention this.

For the T-solutions, Amazon reviews also mention they simply don't include enough tape. You can buy some extra 3M tape (of the same type, should be easy to find).

I prefer guards with a tapering rear end over the flat guards because they're lower drag and provide some additional body protection. I use a set that's the same design as this one: 4PCS Black Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Mudguard Kit for 2016-2019 Tesla Model 3 | eBay (less than $20 at the time) and it's survived two winters in New England just fine. This did not require drilling new holes and attaches with the existing fastener holes and some metal brackets. Note that this design has an additional attachment point for the front guard which is not present in some other guards.

Last edited:
I prefer guards with a tapering rear end over the flat guards because they're lower drag and provide some additional body protection. I use a set that's the same design as this one: 4PCS Black Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Mudguard Kit for 2016-2019 Tesla Model 3 | eBay (less than $20 at the time) and it's survived two winters in New England just fine. This did not require drilling new holes and attaches with the existing fastener holes and some metal brackets. Note that this design has an additional attachment point for the front guard which is not present in some other guards.

yep, cheapest is the best. have had mine on for 1.5 years without issues. front right one broke from a rock (good). The front ones are slightly loose as they cant be completely fastened without drilling but isnt an issue normally. Rear ones are supertight.

Sold out.

As an aside, my 10 day old M3 is already showing rock chips on the rocker panels. I have been very careful where I drive. 300 miles on the car. Really frustrating. Will the mudflap solve this or is PPF the only solution. I'm not pleased about having to spend for ppf.

i only have rockchips on the right side from the oncoming traffic on the rural 2 lane highways in australia. the left side looks fine. so they probs do help given the large amount of gravel and rocks etc on our roads here.