Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Proven App to test 0-60 times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone recommend the best app to test our cars? I know about the Vbox, but, I really don't want to spend lavishly on a device I'm hardly going to use. The go for approx $400+. I don't mind buying an inexpensive app.

You need a dragy.

Problem with any app is all smartphones come with a 1hz GPS chip which means they update their location once a second. More than enough for standard smartphone GPS usage. They can't be used to accurately measure something in the increments you are looking for. Everyone uses the VBox or Dragy for a reason, Dragy is $149 and is a 10hz GPS. It is becoming the standard for performance testing.

Reactions: nj1266
I recorded a clip of my launch on my phone pointed at my car's screen, saved it on my computer, and played it back on MPC-HC, right-clicked on the timer and selected "high precision" to get the seconds in the thousandths.

Reactions: Mark77a
I recorded a clip of my launch on my phone pointed at my car's screen, saved it on my computer, and played it back on MPC-HC, right-clicked on the timer and selected "high precision" to get the seconds in the thousandths.

Thanks for responding so quickly...SK360 & TyH2009.
I'll look into the draft.

Sklith definitely using your noodles!! This route can definitely save some $ for other accessories!!

What's the best way to "launch"?
Left foot on brake right foot on gas and then lift off brake?
Car shows warning message when both are pressed at the same time and doesn't that also damage the Motors?

What's the best way to "launch"?
Left foot on brake right foot on gas and then lift off brake?
Car shows warning message when both are pressed at the same time and doesn't that also damage the Motors?

Press brake till you get the (H) hold symbol. Take foot off brake. Hover foot over accelerator. Stomp accelerator. Giggle like a baby.