Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Rate Guarantee is discontinued?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear All,

I placed order Model 3 Long Range AWD Dual Motor with Full Self Driving on 07/06/2019.

I will trade-in my 2017 Mx-5 Miata RF ($22,200 Trade in value at Tesla, $20,000 Carmax, $24,000 KBB's Trade in value).

So, I accept the Tesla's Trade-in offer. I also got financing approval from U.S Bank (Tesla found this bank for me).

The term/rate from U.S Bank is 3.99% with 72 Month term.

I checked my local credit union, they approved 3.56% with 72 Month term.

Taking my local CU's offer can decrease total interest cost the amount of $700~$800 for 6 years.

So, I requested rate matching to Tesla, they said this program is closed on 06.30.2019, so they cannot match the rate.

I see some people could get rate matching approval from Tesla after 06.30.2019.

However, I already accept Tesla's (U.S Bank) offer.

Can I change the lender? I did not even get the VIN# yet. (Estimated delivery within 2 weeks)

If I change the lender, will the delivery be delayed?

Please advise,

Thank you,

Yes, you can certainly change the lender. Essentially all you have right now is an offer of credit from Tesla as that rate. You don't "accept" it until you actually sign the loan agreement. I would reach out to Tesla and let them know you'll be using 3rd party financing and that should be that. It shouldn't affect delivery or anything, although I cannot guarantee that :)

Reactions: neroden
Yes, you can certainly change the lender. Essentially all you have right now is an offer of credit from Tesla as that rate. You don't "accept" it until you actually sign the loan agreement. I would reach out to Tesla and let them know you'll be using 3rd party financing and that should be that. It shouldn't affect delivery or anything, although I cannot guarantee that :)

Thanks for the info,

I told them I am going to borrow from 3rd party lender (CU). They will provide Bill of Sale (CU will be lien holder) once Vin# is assigned to me.

The loan officer from CU told me they are going to send check directly to Tesla.
I have no idea what if I found few car issues (We all know) on delivery date, and reject the delivery and waiting few weeks more?
Do they charge the interest from the delivery date? or the date they send check?

Thank you,

Reactions: neroden