Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best service experience EVER!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Admittedly, a Tesla newbie here (I've had my used pre-April 'CPO' 2016 Model S 70D for just a few weeks now), but.....

I just had the BEST car repair experience of my LIFE. The factory technician came out the NEXT DAY, fixed my car in the parking garage WHERE I WORK, all while I remained productive at my DESK. UNBELIEVABLE!

Bravo, Tesla Highland Park!

#autorepair #customersupport #CustomerService #teslaservice #teslahighlandpark #highlandpark #Tesla @tesla

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_161036.jpg
    IMG_20200205_161036.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 127
Yep, there is something to be said about this model of service. Executed properly, it's pretty amazing compared to the traditional model of taking your car in for service.

I've had two mobile service calls and both were fantastic. I think I even prefer mobile service because my car doesn't leave my sight and they are more focused on you and resolving your issue here and now. And it saves me time and headache.

+2 for mobile service. It’s the reason my Tesla service experience has actually been pretty good despite all the horror stories you read here. Thanks for posting your positive story - people only seem inclined to post here when something terrible has happened, so reading this forum leads to the impression that Tesla service is the absolute worst.

Reactions: rothstmd and SO16
I have a 2016 MS70 with 37K miles. I got the warning about 12v battery replacement. I scheduled it in the app and sent a picture of the error. They came a few days later as scheduled, replaced the battery for free (warranty) in my driveway. It took about 20-minutes. Great guy, chatted the whole time. Told me not to fret about the warning. Car can still be used with the warning on and it's programmed to alert before it goes completely did (but he didn't specify mileage). I used it in those few days I waited with no issues.

Man
I have a 2016 MS70 with 37K miles. I got the warning about 12v battery replacement. I scheduled it in the app and sent a picture of the error. They came a few days later as scheduled, replaced the battery for free (warranty) in my driveway. It took about 20-minutes. Great guy, chatted the whole time. Told me not to fret about the warning. Car can still be used with the warning on and it's programmed to alert before it goes completely did (but he didn't specify mileage). I used it in those few days I waited with no issues.
Man, I drove my car for about a month with the 12v replacement warning on (because the mobile service availabilities completely conflicted with my work schedule for a couple weeks in a row). Never had any issues other than my car refusing to install software updates while that code was still up.

Reactions: jaygeewin
The workers/techs who have come out on mobile ranger jobs have been top notch, but I've had issues with a couple visits...

1) For a HID headlamp swap, it was noted in the app service records as an HID headlamp, it was written up on the ticket with the HID headlamp part number, but when mobile ranger got to my garage and opened the box - LED headlamp. Had to reorder and try again in two weeks.
2) Scheduled service for failed window motor on my X - tech showed up to perform (per the system's ticket) to do the passenger airbag recall on the S. Still not sure how that one managed to be wrong.

So, all told, I'm batting .800ish (8/10 visits).

I have had great experience in Michigan when they came out to replace my 12v battery and seat with wrinkle at time of purchase. Haven’t had to bring my car in yet for service in 3 years and 44k miles. Will do it once for a glance over before warranty expires this summer.

and yes, the 12v battery warning can go for several weeks before an issue occurs.

Admittedly, a Tesla newbie here (I've had my used pre-April 'CPO' 2016 Model S 70D for just a few weeks now), but.....

I just had the BEST car repair experience of my LIFE. The factory technician came out the NEXT DAY, fixed my car in the parking garage WHERE I WORK, .......snip.....
congrats!
(Still, I had to check my calendar to see if it was April 1st)
:D

Most of the folks I've dealt with, except one, are great folks to work with in the Nashville TN shop. The shop manager, or asst (not sure which; This guy has brown hair and wears heavy rimmed glasses) has a terrible attitude and has no customer oriented personality; Asked him once how I could call them direct and you would think I was asking for the moon or something...There are other examples I have about him too...very rude........ Not customer friendly at all. If he worked for me he'd go through some customer experience training or find another place to work... The first time I experienced him was when I was a newbie Tesla owner. I wont go into the detail other than to say I know I wasn't overreacting....My business is all about customer relations....Shame because he has to be the one rotten apple in the whole bunch there in the Nashville (Brentwood) shop! I hope some regional manger reads this and clips this guys wings....Had a sales person once there once who was a little off base with me too but all in all one great group of folks In Nashville.... Everyone has been pretty accommodating...

Reactions: MichaelP90DL

I just had the BEST car repair experience of my LIFE. The factory technician came out the NEXT DAY, fixed my car in the parking garage WHERE I WORK, all while I remained productive at my DESK. UNBELIEVABLE!

#autorepair #customersupport #CustomerService #teslaservice #teslahighlandpark #highlandpark #Tesla @tesla
Just had a great service experience at Tesla SC in Jax., Fl.

I had two issues: the glove compartment leather covered facia fell off and my tire inflation warning lights went haywire.

Initially I requested service for the glove compartment on the app and a mobile tech was assigned for a few days out. But after I revised the request, adding the tire inflation warning lights, my appointment was changed to a Service Center visit.

The next day I get a text from the SC requesting my tire pressure readings. Here's where it gets strange (to me). I respond that they all read 41 lbs. They immediately suggest I raise the pressures to 45lbs. Sure enough all the lights go out. But what puzzles me is that I have had the car for over 2 years ('17 MS, 10k miles) with the same tire pressure with no warning lights. I can only assume an update must have changed things???

So my visit to the SC was very short. They reattached the glove box fascia and I was out of there, no charge, in 30 minutes. This is my second excellent experience I have had with this Service Center which given I owned a chain of auto repair garages can be taken as high praise.

• Love
Reactions: MichaelP90DL

I've had 2 service calls in 1 yr, taillight repair for condensation and tire rotation, both performed in my driveway, typically with me drinking a beer. Never had that with any other car.

Had mobile service replace my windows seal.
Couldn’t be more happy about it. Very friendly, on time and work quick. Checked my doorbell footage he even checked his watch to make sure he’s on time before ringing my doorbell.

Too bad I didn’t have drink at the turn. Offering cold water in my garage at freezing temp doesn’t make the cut. I should get some coffee/Starbucks ready next time.

In Ontario Canada here.

I've had 3 ranger visits and all have been pleasant and top notch. Each one said they loved working for Tesla. The last one was a 20 year master mechanic who previously worked for Toyota and Nissan. By far Tesla is the best to work for and really likes interacting with the customers. Made him an Americano and chatted up the entire time.

This is also location dependent. My mobile service guy wasn't too knowledgeable (not going to fault him, he's probably a new employee), but my latest appointment first got pushed out because they had to order a part (all good here too) but when the new date came, I just got the usual text: "we've arrived at your vehicle and will begin to service it". Problem is, there's no one near the car. No one showed up, they just sent that text randomly and they deleted my appointment.

So yeah, not that great mobile service everywhere.