Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Song for Premium Audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think myself to be somewhat of an audiophile (Audio Research, Cambridge Audio, Sonus Faber) and I consider the Premium Audio system in the M3 to be very good and as @Saturday stated, especially for a car. It has a great soundstage and the dynamic range and sonics are above average.

The specific songs that I enjoy:
Reverend Lee by Diane Shuur (live GRP version)
Don't Worry by Dire Straits (great guitar)
Fever by Rita Coolidge (live version)
Cry like a Rainstorm by Linda Ronstadt (great background chorus)
Anything from Tunnel by Flim and the BB's (great dynamics)
Anything from Journey (especially Steve Perry vintage)
Most FLAC files
Yes, all the above titles are old school but I am old so...

I do like alot of the newer stuff also but I'm not as familiar with singers and titles.

I was in a model 3 yesterday with premium system, was no better. I assume you don't own any high end stereo systems or vehicles with any?

One would assume the reasoning behind this is to conserve power. No way will a vehicle compete with a ICE without compromising energy consumption.

Unfair comparison between the 'standard' audio on the model 'S' P85 loaner and my M3P 'premium' audio, but I thought the model S was awful - compressed and harsh / shrill at high volumes, with little low bass. The model 3 sounds very good, certainly better than the H-K premium audio in my old Merc W212 E63.

Ideally, I'd like it to be a little louder, but It's clean, detailed and well balanced, with quite good bass from the door speakers and sub. The spacial audio works well too. I have a good home audio system, and am a semi-pro sound engineer (so my ears are probably knackered :)).

It's an old, old stereotypical audiophile test track (for a good reason - but this will show what your system is doing right and wrong...)

Last edited:
I am a big fan of the following:

Coming in From the Cold - Bob Marley and the Wailers
Four Twenty - Wyclef Jean (and a bunch of other people)
Kochi - Sultan + Shepard
There Will Be Time - Mumford & Sons and Baaba Maal

But honestly, everything sounds pretty good on this system. I will say that I think immersive sounds set to high muddles the music pretty badly. I think even at standard it is a bit much. Then again I have never been a fan of any equalizers.

* awesome videos *

You guys need to be listening to the greatest new age synthwave music. And there's more where that came from. You're welcome in advance
YESSSSSSS...

YASSSSSSS!

I actually composed synthwave songs as a teenager back in the 80s. Yes, this shows how old I am. I hate to self-promo, but if you wanted to hear some, I actually recently re-recorded some of those songs. I'd love to know what you think (here are three to start).

I've got at least five new Synthwave songs in the works. Can't wait to release them (takes that much longer since I make videos for them).