Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Wall Connector Position? Front or Side?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
Guys, thinking of adding a wall connector for my wife's Y, rather than running the mobile connector under the garage door. What do you think the best mounting location would be? Front of Garage, on Pillar, or side, on brick? Thanks for weighing in!
Overview - Copy (2).JPEG
Front Pillar - Copy.png
Side of Garage - Copy.png

I made an assumption (I know, "assume".. lol) that the other side of the garage outdoors was a no go because it probably leads to the front door. I know we cant see it, but it just looks that way to me.

I personally would clear out my garage enough to put the car in there (where I think cars go) instead of in the driveway. Another assumption by me, but there seems to be some reason the car cant go in the garage, and the OP is currently running the cable under the garage door vs parking in the garage.

Upvote 0
I made an assumption (I know, "assume".. lol) that the other side of the garage outdoors was a no go because it probably leads to the front door. I know we cant see it, but it just looks that way to me.

I personally would clear out my garage enough to put the car in there (where I think cars go) instead of in the driveway. Another assumption by me, but there seems to be some reason the car cant go in the garage, and the OP is currently running the cable under the garage door vs parking in the garage.
OK, smart guy, you’re right I’ve been trying to do this, and the stuff keeps accumulating. There’s a reason you’re a moderator!

It’s not impossible, but it would take some time and planning to clear all this out and move it up onto the walls and ceiling. The worst thing is the “Home Depot 12 foot skeleton 💀” i said yes to my wife to get this forgetting how big the box would be to store!!! This is embarrassing guys…what is the expression airing your dirty laundry?!

As you can see, I’ve got some sense of organization happening.

Got a couple of bikes I need to sell.
Maybe I could hang that skeleton from the ceiling?! Out of box?! How about the wagon? My Japanese Makita lawnmower should fit nicely on the shelf, which is why I downsized from the bigger, black and decker I had. Glad I don’t have the wheelbarrow anymore lol

IMG_8708.jpeg
IMG_8707.jpeg
IMG_8706.jpeg
IMG_8705.jpeg
IMG_8704.jpeg

Upvote 0
I hear you, lol. I have a 3 car tandem garage (which means the garage door is two cars wide, but one of the parking bays is 2 cars deep and one is 1 car deep. All my "garage stuff" goes in the 2 car deep side, so I still can get 2 cars in there.

I was just teasing you a bit, lol. Most peoples garage looks at least partially like that. Appreciate you rolling with it 👍

Upvote 0
Neither.

I would definitely clean out the garage and organize before I would mount a wall connector on my house, and I'd throw out the skeleton before I'd let it keep me from parking my car in my garage, but I guess other folks have other priorities.
I tried hoisting the skeleton up to the ceiling using the bike lift, but it was too much and I think exceeds the ratings (75lb?) of that little pulley system.

Upvote 0
It seems to me your garage now looks better than most! You have a household decision about how best to use the space of the garage. You have shown us you have a few toys and tools, which frankly are good to have and need a place to be stored. The garage might be the best place for this stuff.

As far as parking in the garage, I am very particular about having the side walls of the garage clear of stored materials. Otherwise there is a high risk of scratching the car either while moving the car or opening the car door in my perhaps narrow garage.

To your original question I vote for putting the charger outside on the brick side for best aesthetics.

I am presuming also that your particular situation requires a charger for each car instead of sharing a charger.

Reactions: easyev
Upvote 0