Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Better Cup Holders - Integrated Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just upgraded to a new P100D and got the new Integrated Center Console. This is a huge improvement over the old bowling alley (yacht floor), but I've had two Teslas with the EVannex CCI and I missed the big perfect cupholder in the middle. The new Tesla Integrated Center Console cup holders are pretty lame inserts and the elbow cup holders are just as awkward (I know -- first world problems!). Neither cup holder is very convenient nor can they survive ludicrous mode.

So, I did a quick design and 3D printed a better set of cup holders for the integrated console. These sit up high and are side-by-side, so they are easily accessible. They also have a little stopper that flips up, so the console door can close up to the cup holders. No more having to leave the console door all the way open if you want a cup holder. The cup holders hold a standard size water and a big cup (vitamin water or Starbucks Venti) side-by-side. And they are snug enough to withstand launch mode.

I'm not going to print these for anyone (thanklessly slow), but I posted the source files on Thingiverse for anyone that wants to have them printed. Even better would be for someone to make a quality commercial cup holder insert.

Enjoy!

Tesla Center Console Cup Holders by AllDigital

IMG_3394.JPG
IMG_3394.JPG IMG_3386.JPG IMG_3391.JPG

They look great. A definate improvement. I would definitely pay for a set of these. Such a simple solution.
I just upgraded to a new P100D and got the new Integrated Center Console. This is a huge improvement over the old bowling alley (yacht floor), but I've had two Teslas with the EVannex CCI and I missed the big perfect cupholder in the middle. The new Tesla Integrated Center Console cup holders are pretty lame inserts and the elbow cup holders are just as awkward (I know -- first world problems!). Neither cup holder is very convenient nor can they survive ludicrous mode.

So, I did a quick design and 3D printed a better set of cup holders for the integrated console. These sit up high and are side-by-side, so they are easily accessible. They also have a little stopper that flips up, so the console door can close up to the cup holders. No more having to leave the console door all the way open if you want a cup holder. The cup holders hold a standard size water and a big cup (vitamin water or Starbucks Venti) side-by-side. And they are snug enough to withstand launch mode.

I'm not going to print these for anyone (thanklessly slow), but I posted the source files on Thingiverse for anyone that wants to have them printed. Even better would be for someone to make a quality commercial cup holder insert.

Enjoy!

View attachment 364279 View attachment 364279 View attachment 364280 View attachment 364282[/QU

Enjoy!

View attachment 364279 View attachment 364279 View attachment 364280 View attachment 364282

Enjoy!

View attachment 364279 View attachment 364279 View attachment 364280 View attachment 364282

These look great. You should wrap them in Carbon Fiber as it will blend in nicely with your trim.

Reactions: ASMills85
They look great. A definate improvement. I would definitely pay for a set of these. Such a simple solution.
These are for private jets. Made from aluminum, so they're probably not cheap, but I've seen them in Tesla cars. They expand to fit. Rock solid stuff: www.cupinserts.com

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-051137_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-051137_Gmail.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 340
  • Screenshot_20190303-051223_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190303-051223_Gmail.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 343
I am happy to report that a friend printed out these pieces for me, and installed the stopper flap.

I was not sure, if the upper cup holder and bottom guides piece should be glued together permanently. When I tried it with the pieces separate, the cup holder piece flipped forward easily. It would have spilled the drink when braking hard.

full

Since I wasn't sure, I used 3M Trim Tape to hold them together for now. Is this supposed to be glued permanently?

Also, I had trouble getting the upper cupholder piece to go deep enough into the console. There was interference between the underside of the console's sliding lid and the center piece that sticks-up from the stopper flap's when it's folded down.

I ended-up filing some notches into the upper cupholder piece, so it would not hit the ribs inside the console as easily. But it ended-up making a small hole into the larger cup holder piece.

full

How was this intended to be installed?

I am looking to order this instead of some others on ebay or Amazon.
I found these instructions on thingiverse by op:
Summary
These are better cupholders for the new (2018/2019) integrated center console on a Tesla Model S.
They are printed in three parts: 1) The top cupholders 2) the bottom guides and 3) the "door" that flips up to stop the console door, allowing for a cleaner look.
After printing the top needs two small 4mm holes drilled where the markers are for the bottom pegs. Also a small 2MM hole needs drilling on the door hinge and a small wire used for the hinge peg.
Designed in Sketchup. Printed on an old Makerbot Rep2.