Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware of 5YJSA4H48FF091551

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you that saw my post about bad CPO experience and car with about 8k in body damage, this is the car.

Tesla is supposed to refund my deposit, but they have relisted it.

Beautiful car with lots of options, but has some bad body damage so beware. I am attaching some of the most helpful photos as well as the estimate I received.

At some price this would be worth it to someone, but buyer beware. Car is also in New York

Attachments

• Estimate_to_Repair.pdf
    88.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Photo Aug 29, 10 30 28.jpg
    Photo Aug 29, 10 30 28.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Photo Aug 29, 10 31 57.jpg
    Photo Aug 29, 10 31 57.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Photo Aug 29, 10 32 25.jpg
    Photo Aug 29, 10 32 25.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 258
  • Photo Aug 29, 10 32 35.jpg
    Photo Aug 29, 10 32 35.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Photo Aug 29, 10 33 11.jpg
    Photo Aug 29, 10 33 11.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Photo Aug 29, 10 33 16.jpg
    Photo Aug 29, 10 33 16.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 258
  • Photo Aug 29, 10 33 20.jpg
    Photo Aug 29, 10 33 20.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Photo Aug 29, 10 33 30.jpg
    Photo Aug 29, 10 33 30.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 253
Yikes, looks like the quarter panel of the car actually hit something! It's sad to see cars being sold in such awful condition.

Thanks for posting the photos and details. Body shop estimates usually go up and not down so that could cost even more to fix and during that time you are without a car.

Wow, I was seriously considering this car a couple weeks ago. By the time someone got back to me on it, it was no longer available. I'd even called and asked if my M3 deposit could be transferred to it - nope. Whew! Thanks for sharing pictures.

I had worse damage to my quarter panel than this - took it to an independent / non-Tesla (but nice) bodyshop and they did some magic on it for a flat $1,000

I'll try to find some pictures, but I was incredibly happy with the outcome, like nothing ever happened.

Looking at the break down, $1400 for parts $7000 for labor. Seems a little iffy on the labor side.

are you new to teslas?

The cost on labor is normal for a tesla because they need to pay for the markup on certification to be Tesla Authorized.
And you just cant take it into any repair shop either unless u want used parts, or a shoddy job. Why?
Because a body shop can not just call tesla and request new parts, unless its Tesla Certified, hence again, the markup on "Telsa Authorized".

This is why it makes Tesla the worst cars to ever get into an accident with, as the repair bills are rediculously inflated, and also makes them one of the most rejected cars for insurance companies to insure.
Infact some insurance Companies will classify them as Exotic due to how difficult and expensive they are to repair.

are you new to teslas?

The cost on labor is normal for a tesla because they need to pay for the markup on certification to be Tesla Authorized.
And you just cant take it into any repair shop either unless u want used parts, or a shoddy job. Why?
Because a body shop can not just call tesla and request new parts, unless its Tesla Certified, hence again, the markup on "Telsa Authorized".

This is why it makes Tesla the worst cars to ever get into an accident with, as the repair bills are rediculously inflated, and also makes them one of the most rejected cars for insurance companies to insure.
Infact some insurance Companies will classify them as Exotic due to how difficult and expensive they are to repair.

Good to know. On the bright side, Tesla is planning on opening a body shop less than 5 miles from my house which might bring down some of the cost.

My question is: did they send you these photos upon request, or did you take these photos yourself when you went to take delivery? I get the feeling that Tesla is hiding damage like this when they send photos of potential CPO cars that someone may want to buy.