Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big dilemma: buy model s now or wait the 29th?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thx guys, two very good points.

Few questions:
- do we know what vin gets lte? This one is 856**
- cyclone, do you know how that actually works? We put a deposit down for an inventory and then we have x days to pay the full amount?

A custom build would be slightly different you are right, for ex the wheels would be 19 vs 21 but 21 look great and I guess I should get back the money I spent in it when selling it back.

Few questions:
- cyclone, do you know how that actually works? We put a deposit down for an inventory and then we have x days to pay the full amount?

A custom build would be slightly different you are right, for ex the wheels would be 19 vs 21 but 21 look great and I guess I should get back the money I spent in it when selling it back.

Not sure if 856xx would have it. I'm about 2,000 higher than you, and my DS said they only got LTE that week (a handful of cars before mine basically).

Anyway to checks that?

Call and ask? You can easily tell from the icon (3G vs. LTE)

I know alot of people are very excited about LTE, but I had a loaner without LTE and I couldn't tell a real difference. Songs would load slower (but they play at the same rate, so this has no real world effect), map tiles would load a little slower, that's about it.

Someone mentioned the main advantage is for when you're in a poor reception area, there LTE >> 3G.

for ex the wheels would be 19 vs 21 but 21 look great and I guess I should get back the money I spent in it when selling it back.
21's do look really nice, but the tires cost more, last fewer miles, have a harsher ride, are noisier and are prone to curb rash.

You might consider these with 19's: TST Tesla Aftermarket Wheel 19x8.5, they cost $1700, instead of $4500 for the 21" Turbines from Tesla, and look pretty nice. That right there lowers your inventory savings by $2900, maybe more if you sell the 19 wheels that come with the car.

Guys! You got me convinced and I feel better now having take that decision

I will hold, I am in no rush, going for my honeymoon for 3 weeks in nov... Will buy an inventory car for Xmas!!

Thanks guys for your help. This forum and its members are incredibly good

Few questions:

Things may be different in Geneva. In the U.S., even on an inventory car, you do not (have to, but could if you want) pay the full price prior to delivery. Also, there is any necessary prep for it. If you truly are worried about "losing" the inventory car, then I would put the deposit and tell them to wait on preparing the car for a week.

That said, given the difference on the wheels, I would just let the inventory vehicle go. If you really love the 21's looks, then get aftermarket 19s that look like that. Much cheaper in the long-run. At that point, the price difference on the inventory is not that far off from new and you might as well wait and get whatever the latest build options are. As far as LTE, I wouldn't be surprised if the inventory did NOT have it. Shipping from California takes time and LTE inclusion is still only a couple months old, so it is likely that car shipped before LTE was standard.