Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BJ69 Regnumber Anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My confirmation email showed a BJ69 reg, and said the car would be registered the day before collection - so I replied and asked if there's any chance of a different reg. Jagz in the Tesla delivery team was really helpful, and I've now got BG69 instead :)
That's good to know. Tesla customer service not completely dead then :)
While they can chose the number from their set of numbers at will there is no way for them to remove or reject numbers that DVLA give them completely so sooner or later someone else will get that number on their Tesla. But that is not really your problem.

That's good to know. Tesla customer service not completely dead then :)
While they can chose the number from their set of numbers at will there is no way for them to remove or reject numbers that DVLA give them completely so sooner or later someone else will get that number on their Tesla. But that is not really your problem.
Yes, true - I'm guessing some people won't be bothered either way. I didn't have a strong opinion, but preferred not to have a BJ69 plate, so I'm happy, and hopefully whoever gets my original reg will be too!

If you were travelling for collection from another "region" could you ask for a different prefix? I know the Edinburgh centre does NI plates but was wondering if there same is true for other locations. For example, could I ask for a CY or CX plate based on my invoice address being in Wales and there not being any delivery centres this side of Offa's Dike?

If you were travelling for collection from another "region" could you ask for a different prefix? I know the Edinburgh centre does NI plates but was wondering if there same is true for other locations. For example, could I ask for a CY or CX plate based on my invoice address being in Wales and there not being any delivery centres this side of Offa's Dike?
That is not the norm for car dealers normally the dealer only has access to plates that match their region and there is literally nothing else they can do.
BUT
Tesla is not a normal dealer Tesla themselves have delivery centres all over the place and don't operate like a normal dealer network. so one delivery centre could access the set of plates allocated to another delivery centre if Tesla have built their software to allow it. Not sure about the DVLA rules though. It would probably be frowned upon. Over the course of the year there are not actually that many spare regnumbers in some regions so if everyone did that the "desirable" regions would run out.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cwmwd

As a Scot resident in Wales and due to pick up my Model 3 in Birmingham I’d like my reg to be.....actual no it’s too confusing :D

PS. I’d like a S plate as issued in Scotland actually.

• Funny
Reactions: Cwmwd
:)

Attachments

• 9F6C5688-ABF0-4D30-B0F0-64597694F283.jpeg
    9F6C5688-ABF0-4D30-B0F0-64597694F283.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 63
"And the other good news is that I've avoided BJ69"

Why would you want to avoid it? I'd love a BJ69 plate!

One of the great things about ordering my M3 was realising I'd get a 69 plate, as it's funny. BJ69 would be even funnier.

Plus, both point to how sexy the car is lol

• Funny
Reactions: interbear