Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BJ69 Regnumber Anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm due to collect in Birmingham between now and 9th October (subject to the usual Tesla disclaimers) so probably on course for a BJ69 registration if this is correct. I'm not sure whether to just laugh or immediately explore the option of a private plate, something I have never considered before :)

I'm due to collect in Birmingham between now and 9th October (subject to the usual Tesla disclaimers) so probably on course for a BJ69 registration if this is correct. I'm not sure whether to just laugh or immediately explore the option of a private plate, something I have never considered before :)
It may be possible to ask for a different number. they might have non BJ numbers in their pools but it is quite possible if in the middle of the series that they only have BJ's available. For a normal dealer that would be that but since tesla is not a normal dealer the Birmingham Delivery Centre may have access to the pools of numbers for the other regions in GB in the same way the Edinburgh centre hands out Northern Ireland plates. its probably unlikely but you could ask?
It's also possible they will be all out of BJ's by then. To get to BJ they have already gone through BX BU BV BF BO BN BK. So who knows.
Maybe you will be lucky and they will have stopped giving out BJ's before its your turn ( and that's a phrase I never thought I would say!)

You kind of would have thought that sequence may not have been issues as DVLA do not release plates that some people may find offensive.
It represents about 4% of the regions plates. Maybe they were concerned that they would run out this half year if they withdrew them all? registrations are down though so I doubt it. Could at least have held them back until last though I guess.

It may be possible to ask for a different number. they might have non BJ numbers in their pools but it is quite possible if in the middle of the series that they only have BJ's available. For a normal dealer that would be that but since tesla is not a normal dealer the Birmingham Delivery Centre may have access to the pools of numbers for the other regions in GB in the same way the Edinburgh centre hands out Northern Ireland plates. its probably unlikely but you could ask?
It's also possible they will be all out of BJ's by then. To get to BJ they have already gone through BX BU BV BF BO BN BK. So who knows.
Maybe you will be lucky and they will have stopped giving out BJ's before its your turn ( and that's a phrase I never thought I would say!)

Given the challenges in getting hold of Tesla to ask about the actual car I think the chances of getting hold of them to request a different reg number are limited. Don't they only provide it 24 hours or so before delivery? So at that point in the delivery process is there ANY chance of getting back to them to request a different one? When I last bought a new car I was given a range of about 20 reg numbers to choose from. I don't think Tesla are going to be quite that accommodating.

Reactions: Roy W.
I'm holding out for BJ69 ATM.

I liked the fact that the article had to explicitly explain each abbreviation.

"... BJ – short for ‘Blow Job’ – and 69 – a sex position in which couples perform oral sex on each other ..."