Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black 20' rims for model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went through those threads again and noticed almost all pics are from a midnight silver metallic X.

Anyone with a white or black X (or any color) powdercoat their 20" wheels? This forum could use more pics of those (as well as more aftermarket wheels really).

Reactions: championi
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Best I can do, powder coat satin black on obsidian black. Looks really nice. I think I finally convinced my wife that blacking out the chrome will look good. Looks really nice with the white interior.

@openwyder our 20x9.0" TST is about .8lb heavier than a 20x9.0" Slipstream.
Our 20x10.0" TST is about 1.5lbs heavier than a 20x10.0" Slipstream.

Why? Because we load rated our 20" TST wheels at 900kg to be extra safe. Tesla had their 22" Turbine manufactured to hold a max load of 880kg. In comparison, we manufactured our wheel to hold a max load of 900kg per wheel on our 20" TST. We probably would have come even closer (probably less) in weight to a 20" Slipstream if we dropped our max load, which in turn sheds thickness in certain areas of the wheel. For a daily driver that drives less than 150 miles, we don't suspect ~.8lb up front and 1.5lbs per corner in the rear will make much difference in range.

People can lose that much in water weight overnight. :p
Strollers are heavier. ;)
Golf bags weigh more. :D

Why 900kg? Have you seen how many 21" Turbines lost their integrity through impact.

The estimated weight of the 20" Slipstreams are as follows (we say estimated because our scale isn't calibrated by a 3rd party like those you would find at at Fedex Office or UPS Store):
20x9.0" 32lbs
20x10.0" 33.2lbs

I just got the T Sportline matte black ones in 20" I will post pics once I get them installed...shipping took 1 night btw, great service. I'm moving from the 22" Onyx wheels...they are awesome, just want a less bumpy ride and would love to get back any perceivable range benefit.

Reactions: Softwizard
Front is same as 20x9.0" factory wheel.
Rear is 5mm higher to accommodate both the Model S and Model X.
The rims look beautiful! How much are they? By the way, I am getting all the chrome on my MX blacked out and was wondering if you guys know a place to take it or you do it because some cars have it on your website and it looks awesome!
Thanks!

The rims look beautiful! How much are they? By the way, I am getting all the chrome on my MX blacked out and was wondering if you guys know a place to take it or you do it because some cars have it on your website and it looks awesome!
Thanks!

I know a few places that do them as well as ppf. I've accumulated a few model X owners in socal that want to some sort of group buy towards getting ppf and chrome delete. Pm me if interested as I don't want to advertise on the forums. I had my X front end wrapped in ppf and am about to wrap the whole thing now and do cquartz.

Mr.Crome in North Hollywood keeps tesla OEM wheels in stock and can do an exchange for any tesla wheel. He does chrome and powder coating. You won't have to leave your car in the shop for several days while your wheels are sent out or done in house.