Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black chrome arachnid wheels installed with spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Lodo1000 scrolling through previous posts, I don’t see where you mentioned which spacers you bought and from whom. If it was from Lenny/Motorsport Tech, then it has to be an installation issue as others have said. If you bought generic ones, were they 64.1mm hub-centric?

Finally installed. I'm glad I waited for the Grey wheels

20180511_115056_zpsrrutlzya.jpg

20180511_115050_zpsgew3k9pb.jpg

I know this thread is kind of old, but just wondering are those the OEM size tires that come with the Arachnids? If not, what size tires are you running Artsci?

Some longer distance and additional detail photos. The holes in the bumper are for the parking sensors, which have not yet been installed as part of the accident repairs that caused me to be without the car since late June.

fullsizeoutput_5f95.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f97.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f98.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f99.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f9b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f9f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5f9e.jpeg

DSC_7947.JPG

It may be a placebo effect but I think the handling in corners is better.

I know this is an old thread but I didn’t see it addressed. It seems to me widening the stance might introduce a bit of negative camber. If the wheels were not realigned after the addition of the spacers and if there is a bit of introduced negative camber, that should make cornering just a bit better. It would be at the cost of a bit more wear on the inside portion of the tread of the tire.

Did you realign after adding the spacers?

I know this is an old thread but I didn’t see it addressed. It seems to me widening the stance might introduce a bit of negative camber. If the wheels were not realigned after the addition of the spacers and if there is a bit of introduced negative camber, that should make cornering just a bit better. It would be at the cost of a bit more wear on the inside portion of the tread of the tire.

Did you realign after adding the spacers?

Yes.

Reactions: davidc18
It's got a few torn spots, but overall good. Under a different name I put up some pics in the Salvage Car Owners' thread.

I want to do my wheels in black chrome, I wasn’t sold on the lifespan of vinyl on a wheel. If you’ve had it on there this long and it is still passable that sounds promising. I’d be happy getting two years out of it. I’ve been thinking about doing a “chrome delete” with the black chrome as well.

OK soI am totally overwhelmed - a bit of information overload lol! I have a MS P85D with Arachnids. If I wanted a flush / near flush look without rubbing what spacer sizes should I go with? Also the Motorsports-tech site has different design types (1-5), if recommending this site for purchase, which type should be selected? Thanks!!!!!

OK soI am totally overwhelmed - a bit of information overload lol! I have a MS P85D with Arachnids. If I wanted a flush / near flush look without rubbing what spacer sizes should I go with? Also the Motorsports-tech site has different design types (1-5), if recommending this site for purchase, which type should be selected? Thanks!!!!!
Here’s the main spacer thread that has all the info you seek. Motorsport Tech Type 3 is what you want. Have been some concerns with the stud meterial being too soft, but in general people have been happy with the company/Lenny.
MS P85D wheel spacers?