TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Black Piano gone...

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by zambono, Apr 12, 2016.

1. zambono

zambono Member

I can't be alone not liking the wood veneers and impartial to the CF

2. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

I disliked the obeche wood veneers but actually don't mind the new ash veneers. That said, I'm still happy with my piano black trim.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I never liked the Piano Black. Paid for the optional Lacewood. If I was ordering again right now I would be happy with the new Dark Ash standard trim and wouldn't pay extra for any of the optional trims.

4. zambono

zambono Member

Has anybody seen them in person? I'm assuming these trims exist on X

5. zambono

zambono Member

Found what I was looking for on the X side and it looks better than I thought it would
    Dark ash?

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I stayed away from the Piano Black because of the fingerprint and scratch issue. That would send me over the edge. So I went with the Obeche Matte, which I am more happy with than I expected. Takes zero maintenance and shows nothing. The others just didn't do it for me. I really like the new light Figured Ash because it is so different and looks like real wood more than the others, IMO. I would have chosen it if available.

7. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

I have piano black and it's awesome. No scratches or fingerprints because passengers must be wearing a full-body condom to enter. That's right, I practice safe riding in the Model S.

Seriously though, the new ash looks horrid to me and I think wood interiors really cater to a much more ... umm .. classic audience. I don't like the carbon fibre because it's too young tech bro-ish. Piano black was a happy medium. :) I would also be ok with renewable bamboo, horizontal fine slats.

- K

8. zambono

zambono Member

I saw the ash on the other thread and it looks similar to Piano. The veins aren't as noticeable as the designer image would make you think. By the way all the woods are real