Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy - $310, including 32 Gig Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that neither BlackVue nor Rear View Safety sell a longer co-axial cable. The provided length is not even mentioned on anyone's website nor in the User Manual. It would be helpful if someone provided some first-hand Model-X installation information. The actual co-axial connection type and name would be most helpful in trying to find a longer cable. I couldn't find any in Canada, but I did find Pittasoft 50' cable on Amazon.com
Did you try MONOPRICE for the cable? I get most of my A/V/HT cables from them - high quality, low price, exceptionally fast shipping and great CSRs.

I did check mono-price. The only place I could find it was with the one seller on Amazon.com. I'm waiting to get my X to see if the cable that comes with the Blackvue is sufficient before ordering the longer cable.

FYI: the cable that comes with the Blackvue is 20'.

Got installation completed at SoCal Auto Sound in Costa Mesa yesterday. Bruce and his team did awesome job. Also had them wire a two-port LIVE USB for powering a Netgear Mingle from Freedom Pop. Please share with me how you could limit the data usage to below 500MB.

Apparently installing the additional USB ports in the center counsel is a bad idea, I had Johnny merely fish the lines (without even removing the center counsel) to run the wires near the current 12V outlet and it damaged the air flow to the passenger vent on the B pillar. So I gotta pay Tesla to fix it. I will keep you posted.

Apparently installing the additional USB ports in the center counsel is a bad idea, I had Johnny merely fish the lines (without even removing the center counsel) to run the wires near the current 12V outlet and it damaged the air flow to the passenger vent on the B pillar. So I gotta pay Tesla to fix it. I will keep you posted.
Sorry to hear that your air vent got damaged. My installer opened up the entire console so he could get a clear view for the wiring. I even had the picture of it too.