Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 650 (Dashcam) Group Buy - $310, including 32 Gig Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is now at Premier. I asked if I can take pics of a X they have with the 650 finished and they were all right with it as long as I don't put up license plate or VIN. Very professionally done I must add. The wires were fed through the tesla wire boots.

I also asked about a group buy and they are willing to sell it at 295 with 16gb. They need a minimum of 5.

Interesting note - there were 6 other MXS at their shop! With mine that's 7! Crazy how many are in one place.
DSC02384.JPG

DSC02388.JPG

My car is now at Premier. I asked if I can take pics of a X they have with the 650 finished and they were all right with it as long as I don't put up license plate or VIN. Very professionally done I must add. The wires were fed through the tesla wire boots.

I also asked about a group buy and they are willing to sell it at 295 with 16gb. They need a minimum of 5.

Interesting note - there were 6 other MXS at their shop! With mine that's 7! Crazy how many are in one place.
View attachment 176156
View attachment 176154

Wow, that is very nice. How much did they charge? How is the can powered? What is the address of this place? Is it a single shop or do they have multiple locations?

Thank you

Not sure on pricing as they gave me a package deal for everything since I'm getting full wrap. I have no idea on the details of what they do or how they power stuff. I just gave them the keys and know it's in good hands.

Their address is in the city Fremont. And they will get the 650 16gb for 295 for tesla members. Just mention tmc member if you call. Their phone is 510.623.1308

Not sure on pricing as they gave me a package deal for everything since I'm getting full wrap. I have no idea on the details of what they do or how they power stuff. I just gave them the keys and know it's in good hands.

Their address is in the city Fremont. And they will get the 650 16gb for 295 for tesla members. Just mention tmc member if you call. Their phone is 510.623.1308

Perhaps on my next road trip to SF I can stop by

View attachment 176156
View attachment 176154

Very nice job they did Lloyds.

Any chance would know if they got power up in the rear view mirror housing, or had to get power below? A friend of mine is looking to do this in her X.

I sent them an email and was told $690 for the install. Pretty pricey!

Thanks for the pricing (even though I am in VA); ballpark numbers are always helpful. That seems high--unless they are including the blackvue 650 in their price?

Look forward to other installation details and photos, if/when available from anyone.

If the dash cam takes the behind the rearview mirror spot, any thoughts on where an EZ Pass/toll transponder might go? We put one in the nose cone on the Model S, but don't know where it would go on the X.

But I have time...no real delivery details for me yet. <sigh.> (I know. First world problems.)

Thanks for the pricing (even though I am in VA); ballpark numbers are always helpful. That seems high--unless they are including the blackvue 650 in their price?

Look forward to other installation details and photos, if/when available from anyone.

If the dash cam takes the behind the rearview mirror spot, any thoughts on where an EZ Pass/toll transponder might go? We put one in the nose cone on the Model S, but don't know where it would go on the X.

But I have time...no real delivery details for me yet. <sigh.> (I know. First world problems.)

No, only labor but I assume I can obtain a discount if I bargain a little.

SoCal Auto Sound in Costa Mesa said $375 (still pricey) but assumed it would lower. The difference is that Premiere ran the wiring thorough the existing conduit for the autopilot hardware while SoCal Auto Sound runs a separate conduct. So it is up to you if you are willing to pay the premium ($690 vs $375) for aesthetics.