Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue Motion Sensitivity - what does it do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have asked the topic title question to the Blackvue support, but didn't really get an answer... What does the setting do really? I have my car parked in a garage for the day, and it is almost constantly recording video for even the smallest movements - e.g. a person walking by all the way to the other side of the parking garage. I have put the setting to 1 (very low), but nothing changes. Anyone any idea how I can make the camera less sensitive?

AFAIK the motion setting in Park mode uses the video input and decides if there is someone/something in the camera's field of view and turns on recording appropriately. I have mine cranked down low too--still get lots of recordings. Sorry--no additional wisdom....

what I meant was: if it doesn't trigger by a flying leaf, but by a person walking by far in the distance, how does it know the difference? As mentioned, the sensitivity setting doesn't seem to have any influence - it triggers if anything moving is detected, even if that object is as small as a couple of pixels. So hence my question: what does the motion detection sensitivity really do?
In my security cams, I can set that sensitivity too - and there, it is obvious what it does: the less sensitive, the more "extreme" the motion has to be for it to trigger. This doesn't seem to be the case in the Blackvue.

I agree on "rather too many videos than not enough" - but a reasonable noise filter would be nice. I don't need a video of someone walking by 100 feet away from my car.