Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BLASTED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't endorse the mockery of ICE drivers at any time let alone during a fuel crisis outwith their control.

I believe this type of coverage from the media hinders rather than helps the transition to electric vehicles.

I want to avoid the Tesla community being stereotyped and becoming the BMW/Audi drivers of this decade.

If in a position to do so, let's help others with their transportation needs.

I can't endorse the mockery of ICE drivers at any time let alone during a fuel crisis outwith their control.

I believe this type of coverage from the media hinders rather than helps the transition to electric vehicles.

I want to avoid the Tesla community being stereotyped and becoming the BMW/Audi drivers of this decade.

If in a position to do so, let's help others with their transportation needs.
lets hope they never stumble on the "Panic Buying" thread on this forum then !

Except it is in their control, There wouldn't be any problem if people acted normally and used some common sense... But that's sadly lacking these days
They are acting normally. If people are told fuel is running out and everyone else is panic buying, then it is normal to join the crowd. More here:

They are acting normally. If people are told fuel is running out and everyone else is panic buying, then it is normal to join the crowd. More here:

But fuel isn't running out... Just a few supply problems that got blown out of all proportion that could've easily been adverted.

But fuel isn't running out... Just a few supply problems that got blown out of all proportion that could've easily been adverted.
The 4 closest petrol stations nearest to my home are all out of petrol and diesel. I have no need to venture further since these are stations we pass by whilst driving our EV, but in my area it seems it isn't blown out of all proportion. And I've not seen people filling spare containers, just the tanks in their vehicles. So the stations were inevitably going to run out around me even if people didn't feel compelled to top up their tanks whilst fuel was still available. I can sympathise with normal people who need fuel in their cars to go about getting to work, school runs, etc. With the news reports I can understand worrying once your tank is below half. And to expect people not to fill up while they were able is not realistic, IMHO.

The 4 closest petrol stations nearest to my home are all out of petrol and diesel. I have no need to venture further since these are stations we pass by whilst driving our EV, but in my area it seems it isn't blown out of all proportion. And I've not seen people filling spare containers, just the tanks in their vehicles. So the stations were inevitably going to run out around me even if people didn't feel compelled to top up their tanks whilst fuel was still available. I can sympathise with normal people who need fuel in their cars to go about getting to work, school runs, etc. With the news reports I can understand worrying once your tank is below half. And to expect people not to fill up while they were able is not realistic, IMHO.
My local biggish petrol station has nothing, even after restricting people to £30. The cashier told me that there was a fight because someone filled up some containers (bearing in mind they couldn’t buy more than £30 anyway), and it turned out that the guy was a landscape gardener so needed it for work.

I just queued for ~40 minutes on the outskirts of Keynsham just to get past the queue for the small Esso garage there.

It’s pretty crazy out there and I’d suggest that if you’re driving past stations with no queues it’s because they have no fuel.

If the sensationalist media reported it correctly in the first place saying it was no shortage and just a few supply issues meaning you may if your unlucky need to go to a different garage to fill up then there wouldn't be an issue. But nothing gets viewers or readers like a "Crisis" and then the panic buying ensues