Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue drips from bottom right of inverter onto top right of powerwall 2+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a dried blue fluid that has left residue on the powerwall. It’s inside the garage in Phx and no outside moisture/humidity was in the area. What is it and is it an issue. System is a few months old
IMG_1439.jpeg
IMG_1440.jpeg
IMG_1442.jpeg
IMG_1441.jpeg

Well update.
Mid July friendly guy came out and reset something and flipped something and looked at his iPad a minute and said I was good to go. I thought cool because I was still making power. There was no clipping since may but I chalked that up to Phx dust on the panels. Two days after he left there was no production at all. I called immediately and at least 2 or 3 times after it failed. Turns out tier one didn’t open a case until a week after it failed and I was told 10-14 days to hear anything. At 14 days they clarified business days. Then they said they would wscalate to their supervisor and I’d hear more in 3-5 days. I asked if they meant business days. Long story long I have heard nothing from anyone. No callbacks, no info on my case etc. I’m getting ghosted as a cash buyer with a non functional well taken care of inverter in a garage as opposed to west facing full sun in Phx. What do I do to make stuff happen.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
I’m not sure how to do that but tier one says that there is no message related to fluid but there is an arc fault. I’d assume reduced fluid may have something to do with that but if not it sounds like I need a new inverter pretty cut and dry. Why would they be slow rolling a replacement?

I’m not sure how to do that but tier one says that there is no message related to fluid but there is an arc fault. I’d assume reduced fluid may have something to do with that but if not it sounds like I need a new inverter pretty cut and dry. Why would they be slow rolling a replacement?

Just follow the instructions.

An arc fault message would have nothing to do with low or missing coolant.

I'd log in, check the status (while the sun is up) assuming that it's not dead and you can actually log in (follow the instructions).

Depending on what you see after that, you might consider a reset.

Also, I'd open up the door, check the coolant lines (they have green clips) and make sure none of them are partly out. You should determine the original source of the leak. It should be obvious. If you discover the source of the leak and it's something simple, then buy a jug of G48 and fill through the allen screw at the top, then do a full reset.

Not guarantees, but with Tesla, sometimes you just need to take matters into your own hands. Tesla could take months to fix this.

• Informative
Reactions: Vines
I’m on the road until tomorrow but I’ll look into these posts and update. I researched the arc fault that was mentioned and now I’m worried about arc welding and stuff burning down.

Don't worry about arc-faults. What they meant is that there might be an appliance or something most likely with bad motor brushes that are polluting the ac line making the inverter think there's an arc fault. An actual arc fault could be serious but I seriously doubt this is what's going on with your inverter. I'll bet the coolant went low and that a temperature error occurred shutting the inverter down either because it ruined it or because the coolant needs to be topped off (after fixing the leak) and the inverter reaset.

Also, I'd open up the door, check the coolant lines (they have green clips) and make sure none of them are partly out. You should determine the original source of the leak. It should be obvious. If you discover the source of the leak and it's something simple, then buy a jug of G48 and fill through the allen screw at the top, then do a full reset.

Not guarantees, but with Tesla, sometimes you just need to take matters into your own hands. Tesla could take months to fix this.
It looks like the only residue is under the brass nut.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 66
Quick update. Less than a week ago I spoke to Tesla on Thursday. One lady took the time to look very close at my previous notes and the way it was initially written up in the 3rd week of July. She had an issue trying to get me to sign into the inverter. It turns out inverter vs powerwall + inverter was different so she did a 3 way call with the powerwall guy. Here’s the interesting part………….. they said when the work/issue order/ticket was created the origional person didn’t put in a priority code/level. This, according to them, left me in a state of limbo where I wasn’t on a list and would never get a call. They said I would hear something by the next day but I didn’t. Then the weekend passed and now it’s Monday and I got an email to call and schedule. I did and now the soonest the “crew” can come out for 2 days of work is mid October. So for an issue that started in June it may get resolved in October.