Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

bluetooth calling bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had similar issues mentioned in this thread (on both incoming and outgoing calls) with my Model 3 using an Android (Galaxy S8+). Today I received a call a few minutes into my trip, but it only rang on my phone. While I was on the call, I tapped the Bluetooth icon on the car screen and tapped my phone that was listed on the screen telling it to connect. It then connected and the call transferred over to the car. Nice that it started working during the call, but defeats the purpose of trying to be safe and not take my hands off the wheel and eyes off the road to take a call.

I didn't notice this thread initially, since it was started in February and I took delivery of my car in late March. I had similar problems on Tesla's 2019.8.x software, but it got much worse starting with 2019.12.x -- now Bluetooth calls never produce audio. I started a thread about that problem here:

Bluetooth problems on phone calls only

That problem (like this one, it seems) affects some phones but not others. Both Android and iOS devices are affected -- but only some phones (and perhaps phone OS versions) are affected; some work fine.

I have different problem. My car starts dialing the last person I called in the car when I used the voice command to dial it. Every time I get into the car it just keeps trying dial. It’s not so fun when you’re leaving for work early in the morning and it calls your friend.

I have different problem. My car starts dialing the last person I called in the car when I used the voice command to dial it. Every time I get into the car it just keeps trying dial. It’s not so fun when you’re leaving for work early in the morning and it calls your friend.

maybe start a different thread on it? this one has been resolved, at least in my experience...