Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth not pairing M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you remove your phone from the bluetooth in the car?
Also on your iPhone go to Setting>Bluetooth>find the car there and tap the ! then tap forget
There are 2 links to your car in the Bluetooth settings
1) Phone key
2) other is for music

You may want to remove both from here and the car

If it were me I would
1) in the car remove phone key
2) in the car remove bluethooth connection for the phone
3) on the phone, log out of the Tesla app
4) on the phone in the setting remove both bluetooth instances of the car if they are there
5) toggle bluetooth off and back out of the setting
6) reboot the car
7) reboot the phone
8) turn bluetooth back on in the phone
9) download and reinstall the Tesla app, log back into it
10) set up phone key and phone for music and phone again.

Had my car in for a rear motor replacement for about 2 weeks. Got her back yesterday with latest 16.2 update.
Not sure if it's the update or something else but....
Every time I enter the car the screen has an animation telling me to tap my key card and press brake to drive.
I am connected via the phone and I do not end up needed the key but the request happens every time.
I have done every step mentioned plus a lot of swearing. The only thing I have not tried is factory resetting the car.
I do have a drp by appointment with tesla on Monday but I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

I assume Bluetooth works otherwise (phonecalls and such) once inside?

When I get the key card prompt (occasionally), opening the Tesla app resyncs it somewhow and lets the doors open.
Yes, Everything seems normal. My app even shows as connected prior and I have full control over the car functions from app.
What I am noticing, but not sure if it's related is if I go into car Bluetooth settings while the tap car animation is on I see my phone in list but I have to tap it to connect.
I feel like my cars Bluetooth may be the culprit.
I have had the car since Feb with no issues. The car was in service for 2 weeks and an update was applied as well before i got her back so I dont know what the origin is.

After paying more attention to it. I have come to notice that if i press the brake pedal the message goes away and then everything works as normal. Once i press the brake pedal the bluetooth in the car works fine. As soon as I exit I hear a chime i did not hear previous to my service/update and the cycle starts over. Animation telling me to tap my key card and press the brake to drive.
If I do not press the brake pedal I cannot access certain bluetooth functions like making a call. It seems that its asking for the key card but i do not need it, I just need to press the brake to engage bluetooth. I tested that by leaving the key card far from car.
Its mostly an annoyance cause the car works fine but damn its making me nuts cause it never happened prior to my car going away for a while and now it is constant.