Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth problems with 36.2.1 and iOS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the release my phone calls and Siri have not worked. It shows it connecting? But no audio out or microphone input.
Anyone else seeing this? Anyone found solution? I’ve reset info system and cycled BT on phone. Have not tried unpairing as i am away from Home without card key.

No issues for me.
On a side note, leaving home without a key card is a bad idea. Look up Labor Day lockout.
Nope. The so-called "Labor Day Lockout" wasn't a real thing. The mobile app was down during that incident. Using a phone as a Bluetooth key to unlock and access the car does not need the app to be working with the Tesla network, only for the initial set up of the Bluetooth key functionality.

That outage only affected people trying to use the remote unlock function to the car.

Still, I agree that you should carry one of the key cards. You never know when you'll be in a situation where you'll need it for someone else.

• Disagree
Reactions: ilyak and Airgetlam
Nope. The so-called "Labor Day Lockout" wasn't a real thing. The mobile app was down during that incident. Using a phone as a Bluetooth key to unlock and access the car does not need the app to be working with the Tesla network, only for the initial set up of the Bluetooth key functionality.

That outage only affected people trying to use the remote unlock function to the car.

Still, I agree that you should carry one of the key cards. You never know when you'll be in a situation where you'll need it for someone else.

It was one of the people who experienced it. When my car did not unlock as usual, first thing I did was open the Tesla app. I was immediately presented with the log-in screen, and of course it was not possible to log in. And you cannot use the Bluetooth key if you are not logged in. That’s a lockout if you don’t have a key card on you - luckily, I did.

Since the release my phone calls and Siri have not worked. It shows it connecting? But no audio out or microphone input.
Anyone else seeing this? Anyone found solution? I’ve reset info system and cycled BT on phone. Have not tried unpairing as i am away from Home without card key.
I was shown that when in a call its a separate volume control just for the call. When making or answering a call try adjusting volume on steering wheel left scroll wheel. It worked for me. Tesla mobile service showed me this.