Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMS_a079 - Unable to charge - Maximum charge level reached

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service responded late in the day Saturday and asked me to bring the car back Monday so they could look at it.

In the meantime, it seems to have settled down in terms of the charging. Car slept all night without drain, and no more PCS charge errors since the one at 7AM yesterday. Car not showing any alerts at all this AM.

Pretty sure It's all good at this point, but I do plan to swing by Monday so they can take a quick look, just in case.
IMG_2153.jpegIMG_2155.jpeg

Just got back from the service center, they sent a tech out to come speak with me and to check out the car.

No further errors in the log. Tech took the car back and supercharged it, put it on a L2 charger, and ran several diagnostics.

He acknowledged the bug with the PCS_a022 and PCS_a023 messages, although I have not seen either again.

No sign of any battery drain or strange charging in two days, car sleeping normally, etc. At this point I’m calling it good.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 42M3 and jjrandorin
I got the dreaded BMS_a079 error on my 2021 Model 3 Performance with only 20,712 miles on it. I took it to the Tesla dealer, and sure enough, the HV battery had to be replaced. I have to say that I’m very disappointed that I already had a battery failure with such low mileage. It’s been a spectacular car, but that was quite a shock. Fortunately the dealer was able to replace the battery in 8 days.

IMG_9788.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9789.jpeg
    IMG_9789.jpeg
    984.1 KB · Views: 23
I just got the same BMS error (bms_079) on my '21 MYP (26k Miles) when I was leaving for work. Dropping my car off to get my HV battery replaced this next week. Bummer, I thought my car was flawless up to this point.

Good news is that my car has been flawless since the replacement. Other than having a loaner for a few days, there no evidence of the pack replacement. Team at my local SC did a great job and I got the car back faster than anticipated.

Reactions: E90alex