Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Body wrapping and Tesla withdrawals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla is getting wrapped at the moment....I am have server withdrawals I can tell you, I even phoned to see if the car would be ready for the weekend....quality takes time as I wont be getting the car back until Monday/Tuesday.

I gotta tell you though, the boys at Grafico are doing a great job.

Attachments

• IMG_3783.jpg
    IMG_3783.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3785.jpg
    IMG_3785.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3784.jpg
    IMG_3784.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3786.jpg
    IMG_3786.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3782.jpg
    IMG_3782.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 104
Absolutely the best move doing that. I've done the same with mine and even after 12000kms everybody says looks like it just came out of the showroom. I also use the permanon aircraft supershine which I spray on every 6 weeks which gives it a really nice protective shine and makes it really easy to wash.

Hi AndrewNSW

You can use permanon aircraft supershine on a pearl body wrapped finish no issues?

Do you have a link on this?

Thanks

-ECIT

Yes it's fine on a wrap. The guys who did my Stoneguard wrap (http://protectmycar.com.au) recommended it. Car supershine is also available but they recommended the aircraft version as it has a bit more protection (and of course costs more).

I was so impressed with this I also got their yacht supershine professional which works really well on my boat.

Have a look at Home for more details. It uses nano tech so is really easy to apply (10 mins with a mixture of supershine and water in a spray bottle to a clean car) then just hose off. No rubbing etc needed.

Yes it's fine on a wrap. The guys who did my Stoneguard wrap (http://protectmycar.com.au) recommended it. Car supershine is also available but they recommended the aircraft version as it has a bit more protection (and of course costs more).

I was so impressed with this I also got their yacht supershine professional which works really well on my boat.

Have a look at Home for more details. It uses nano tech so is really easy to apply (10 mins with a mixture of supershine and water in a spray bottle to a clean car) then just hose off. No rubbing etc needed.

Hi Andrew, I am interested for my boat. How do you go when the boat has been previously waxed? secondly, have you any idea how long it lasts before reapplication is required? Did you do the job yourself or get a detailer to do it for you? I take it you used the yacht product for the boat as against the aircraft product that you used on the car? Any info you can give me would be appreciated. The instructions on the site seem to imply that you just spray it everywhere and wipe down. Is there an issue with sun while applying? a large boat will obviously be done in the heat of full exposure. Thanks. David.

Hi Andrew, I am interested for my boat. How do you go when the boat has been previously waxed? secondly, have you any idea how long it lasts before reapplication is required? Did you do the job yourself or get a detailer to do it for you? I take it you used the yacht product for the boat as against the aircraft product that you used on the car? Any info you can give me would be appreciated. The instructions on the site seem to imply that you just spray it everywhere and wipe down. Is there an issue with sun while applying? a large boat will obviously be done in the heat of full exposure. Thanks. David.

Hi David, I just sprayed it on. Was done outside on a sunny but not too hot day - don't actually think this would make any difference as this stuff seems to adhere instantly. It was done at least 2 months ago and it's certainly still on the sides but the deck needs doing again which isn't surprising - I'm guessing the deck should be done more frequently - my boat is kept outside in the weather. I did have a thin type polish on the boat when I applied this but it didn't seem to be a problem. It's obvious when it's on as water literally rolls off it. It only took me around 10 mins to spray the whole boat (smallish 29 feet power boat which would be great with electric engines!).

There are two types for boat and I got the professional as its meant to protect for longer but since I haven't used the standard one I can't compare.

Sure, from memory about $5k however that includes some company decals going on. Without the decals it would be cheaper.

Grafico are more expensive than some, however go look at the work they've done such as the Lamboginnis's, Bentley's etc. they've done and it makes sense.... They know their stuff.

-ECIT

Last edited by a moderator: