Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Third quarter earnings call announcement just came out so I'd expect you'll know something about your delivery prior to Tuesday November 3rd at 2:30 Pacific... :)

Jeff

I agree. I would think the ER/CC would be put off until the following week IF they were not confident some Sigs went into production.....I am hoping Bonnie gets her Sig X delivered just before theER/CC or at the very least a separate 'delivery event' date is set.

If the process is the same as the S, the next step will be "In the queue for production." After an undetermined time, it will change to "The Tesla factory is building your Model X."

At least that's how it has been for my 85D, which is in production now.

The very first block of reservation holders have had VINs assigned prior to production - I assume to make sure that the VIN matches our spot in line.

Note that this shows my VIN (not RN) and status is 'confirmed' not 'in production'.
View attachment 98513

Where oh where is the Signature X? The world wonders.

Likely production assembly has not started yet, the last thing you have to do after configuring and confirming, is accept the terms and conditions. This has a one week redo on configuration. After the week, there is a penalty to make any changes prior to delivery. Doubt they would produce any car prior to the "free" week change time. That "free" time for first SIG X owners ends tomorrow. I am basing this time on my configuration which is a 2 digit VIN and having configured and accepted on the first possible day each opportunity.

However, having said this, production assembly could start, by color likely as with the S, next week. Deliveries, 2-3 weeks later. The first ones will need a more thorough going through and take longer to leave the factory. Hopefully we will have even more to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

May I request to move the "bouncing X VIN portion of this thread be moved on its own thread? Some of us are following Bonnie's specific progress and as fascinating as it is to see the wide swings of VIN #s to Reservation #s, I wonder where Bonnie's specific car is and when her abbreviated trip (for now) will happen. You know, the original topic of the thread. [emoji3]

Just a thought

So if there is batch production going on, lets say based on paint color, we can begin to patch this together in the MX tracker if we can update with Res #, VIN # and color. Super exciting. My parents have a production reservation and are eagerly awaiting their X.

So I checked and I got my vin too. Weird thing is I was Res #102 and got vin #110.

I wasn't late to confirm order. So I'm guessing there is some batching going on.

May I request to move the "bouncing X VIN portion of this thread be moved on its own thread? Some of us are following Bonnie's specific progress and as fascinating as it is to see the wide swings of VIN #s to Reservation #s, I wonder where Bonnie's specific car is and when her abbreviated trip (for now) will happen. You know, the original topic of the thread...
I agree. Why is VIN number 15 the highest shown in Model X Tracker as of 10/21/2015 when higher numbers are being posted in this thread? Please enter your high VIN numbers into Model X Tracker today so we can concentrate on Bonnie's Model X progress tomorrow. ModelXTracker | Welcome

Looks like I've got a VIN: 5YJXCBE41GFS00006. Nevada requires an insurance card before the car can be delivered, and you need a VIN to get a card, so that might have been a factor. Mine is configured as a 6-seater with the winter driving package. Tesla emailed me about two weeks ago and said to expect delivery early December.