Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both the key card and APP are disabled!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey budd. Have you guys ever suffered both the key card and APP being disabled? I just got delivered my 2022 model 3 within a month so it should come with the latest version of the software. Things happened first today at 4 pm with sentry mode disabled notice in APP. When I left home around 10 am and tried to unplug the charger and found the APP could not control every function including unlocking the car. I tried the key card after and had the same result so it turned the car with the charger plugged and locked. I had to go through roadside assistance. Just wondering what happened with the software and can this problem be fixed?

Did you miss your Tesla lease payment? ;)

I would follow up with service and ask them what the logs said. I also have a ring as backup in case my cards get wiped and my phone is dead. Sounds like that might not have helped in this case but you never know.

Reactions: oreobbq
So both the key card and app were working normally until this morning?

Not that this matters for your problem, but FYI new cars don't always come with the latest version of the software, they come with a factory installed version. It can sometimes take a month or two before you get updates.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Did you miss your Tesla lease payment? ;)

I would follow up with service and ask them what the logs said. I also have a ring as backup in case my cards get wiped and my phone is dead. Sounds like that might not have helped in this case but you never know.

Lol that'll be the robo fleet's first task. No need for repo services, it'll drive back to Fremont on its own.

So both the key card and app were working normally until this morning?

Not that this matters for your problem, but FYI new cars don't always come with the latest version of the software, they come with a factory installed version. It can sometimes take a month or two before you get updates.
tow guy said it is 12v battery failure. very common and he mentioned it is probably auto-update at the night that causes the battery failure.

tow guy said it is 12v battery failure. very common and he mentioned it is probably auto-update at the night that causes the battery failure.
They've had issues with the 12V batteries but those have been premature failure after 1-2 years. I'm not positive but I believe it has to do with the charging algorithms Tesla uses but regardless, if it failed within a month I think a defective battery is the more likely explanation. If the car auto-updated then it would have powered on and been running off of the high voltage battery, not the 12V battery, so that doesn't totally make sense, either.

They've had issues with the 12V batteries but those have been premature failure after 1-2 years. I'm not positive but I believe it has to do with the charging algorithms Tesla uses but regardless, if it failed within a month I think a defective battery is the more likely explanation. If the car auto-updated then it would have powered on and been running off of the high voltage battery, not the 12V battery, so that doesn't totally make sense, either.
Those are told by the tow guy so I don't think it is 100% accurate. The service center didn't have an answer when I picked up a loaner.

Reactions: sleepydoc