Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought/picked up CPO Saturday, had to get serviced next day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically what happened was that I bought a MS 2013 CPO ~90K miles. I picked it up this past Saturday and then Sunday the car began to shut down in the middle of the highway right after charging to ~70%, so I had it towed to a conveniently located Tesla Service Center. I got the car in Palm Springs, CA and I live in Vegas, and since Sunday my MS has been back in Tesla's hands. Yes, they provided me a loaner and I was able to return to Vegas, but I have to return to CA to pick it up once they figure out a solution and repair it.

This is my first Tesla purchase, and I was really hoping to come out of it smoothly, but obviously it's been rocky for me since, and I want Tesla to buyback the car from me, but I confirmed that would not be an option for me at this point. What are my options, as I've been trying to figure out ways to get out of this mess?

Reactions: P85_DA
Depends on the diagnosis. If you get a new battery pack, MCU, or DU(s), you may make out pretty well. Definitely sucks, don’t get me wrong. Bubble burst quite early along with the time cost of $$/hassle factor. Good luck!