Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought the FSD - so what Now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just chatted with my local SC about being stuck on 49.20 and he said it has something to do with an incomplete branch of the firmware. Said it requires programming which is being done. Said he expects it to be updated in a week or so. We shall see.

Ug. Does that mean that all of us stuck on 49.20 have to take the car in to a SC for programming? Everyone I call seems to feed me the line that "Oh no 49.20 is the latest version - you're fine!" which is BS we know..

I just bought AP + FSD. Immediately I can see a new “Summon” option in my app and I see “Autosteer” and “Summon” options in the Autopilot section in the car.

Other that that, I don’t see anything else such as NoA, cruise following distance, auto lane change, etc.

I too am stuck on 2018.49.20. What do you all see in your Autopilot section of the car?

I also just received 2019.5.15 after a month and a half on 2018.49.20. It did a strange thing, after 50 min into the update, it stopped and said that I need to take the car into the service center for a required software update. The main screen also gave me the option to start the update for a second time. On the second try, the update completed successfully to 2019.5.15 after 5 min., and the car's location indicated Palo Alto, CA. Putting the car into drive changed to the correct location.

Yeah, a bit concerned that S/X may end up not getting sentry mode either. I don't think an S or X has ever been seen with Sentry Mode?

Definitely confusing as to what would be different between the two; an S/X with 2.5 should have everything it needs for Sentry Mode but maybe they've figured we have the "enhanced security" option we can get.

Still on 2018.49.20. Talked with Tesla on it, they insist that's the latest version for my car. (75D, 11/2018 Mfr., 12/2018 Delivery, AP 2.5 MCU 2.0.) so I dunno what gives.

yeah, getting annoyed with it. Thought X was the premium model for Tesla, surely not getting premium attention.

I bought my car in December and am still on the same software I was on when I picked it up. (Nope, isn't wifi.) Meanwhile Model 3 owners seem to be getting things showered on them; Sentry Mode, range increases, power increases, Supercharger 3.0, free FSD... I half expect Elon to give Model 3 owners yet another free surprise as part of the Model Y release and not say boo about their ""flagship"" models.

Right now, Model 3 is absolutely being treated as a flagship.

(I'm trying to move over here from the Reddit /r/teslamotors sub. That whole crowd is aggro to anything S/X, and if you do so much as ask why S/X isn't getting a feature, or something, it's generally met with insults along the lines of "You bought the wrong car". )

I'm on the edge of buying FSD here, but I'm seriously wondering when the HW3 retrofit and equivalent software updates would ever happen for S/X, since I'm pretty dang sure right now they'd pritoritize all of the AP 2.5 Model 3s before us. WAY before us. I can just see a situation where 3 gets HW3, and Elon rolls out FSD features for Model 3 and footnotes 'S/X later this year...'. But I guess I should lock in the pricing anyways.

I get it. Tesla wants to move Model 3s. But man, if this continues, a lot of S/X customers are going to rethink coming back in a few years, when the landscape is going to be a LOT more competitive.

Aside from not updating their website to reflect the Raven changes, Tesla has introduced a problem where the "Manage your Tesla" page is completely empty. This may only be affecting Canadians as I can "Manage most of my my Tesla" on the US site. Along with removing my cars they also removed my referrals and loot box on both sites. I'm only 3 emails and 2 chats in on this with support, but I remain optimistic. At least they're not charging me for SuperCharging (yet).