Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boy Am I Pissed Now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only needed to visit my local SC a few times and to this day they are still pretty good (even with regular staff turnover), although the communications are done via SMS these days they at least happen and they kept me updated on my service progress unlike what I am reading above.

To me it seems the culture of Tesla is broken, the staff at many SC's have given up trying to fix Elon's broken service system and now it is just a job they go to 9 to 5. There is only one person that can be held responsible for this shift away from what they were to how they are now.

It also highlights the traditional dealership model works most of the time, if you get bad service at one then next time you just go to a different dealer where they want your business, unlike some Tesla SC's where the customer is an inconvenience to have to deal with.

One could also make the point that if they stopped shipping new cars that were 'broken' then the SC's wouldn't be so backed up needing to fix things that should have never got past pre-delivery inspections.

• Love
Reactions: PhilDavid
Some people should just cut their “losses”, sell their car and move on. Even if they do lose thousands. Their sanity should be worth more than money. High stress literally can kill. Health is more important than money.

I have had my S90D for almost 3 years and 44k miles. Only needed home service to replace a 12v battery one time. I plan on taking it out of state for service one time before my warranty expires. (Thank you Michigan for the “free market” anti tesla laws.). So far, my Tesla has been fantastic along with easy to schedule and get service.

Of course we only hear mostly about the bad experiences on an internet forum. Do you think people that have good experiences join TMC to say how happy they are?

I'm critical of Tesla's service these days, however I've commented many times on my positive experiences. I see you've been a member since earlier this year... if you're a newer owner, I think you're baseline for quality service is probably significantly different than long time owners.

By the way, how did you get your hands on a 2013 S75? I didn't think those existed...

I'm critical of Tesla's service these days, however I've commented many times on my positive experiences. I see you've been a member since earlier this year... if you're a newer owner, I think you're baseline for quality service is probably significantly different than long time owners.

By the way, how did you get your hands on a 2013 S75? I didn't think those existed...
Yes you are correct. I bought my S in January. I've had my S at the SC twice and I've had the ranger out 2 times as well. The 2 ranger visits were to replace door handles. The sc visits were to replace the tpms and to fix an ac issue. Both times at sc I was treated great and kept up to date on the progress of the repair and I was given loaners each time. I was getting text updates and once the repairs were done they called and said I could pick up at my convenience. It never felt like they didnt care. The ac issue was back in july and that's the last service I had and I was treated excellent.

My S was originally a 60kwh and the previous owner upgraded it to a 75kwh pack and paid 20k to have it done. My sc looked up the invoice and let me know everything that had been replaced/updated and they were shocked to see the price for the upgrade of the battery.