Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boy Am I Pissed Now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far I have used up $1000 in Lyft credits from Tesla so far, Not to mention at least $7-8K in warranty repairs on my 3. To be profitable next year Tesla will be removing the power components from the warranty just like the rattles. Buy a brand new car and if it has loose parts it's not covered, Another brilliant Elon Idea idea. I hope the truck design does not reflect this moronic thinking.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
wow.. you sneaked in two dog whistle terms here unnecessarily - poor build quality and sheer number of vehicle that need fixing. Take your exaggerations to twitter tslaq threads, and you will be a hero

Ha, for cars that don't need service, there's lots and lots of them sitting at service centers waiting a week for an alignment and car wash. Oh, sorry that's wrong, no car wash available. They are waiting for....service for stuff that was poorly designed and now broken, leaking, noisy, rattling, etc. Sorry if that offends you, but the majority of the cognitive world formulates critical thought via interaction with the world outside of a phone app.

Ha, for cars that don't need service, there's lots and lots of them sitting at service centers waiting a week for an alignment and car wash. Oh, sorry that's wrong, no car wash available. They are waiting for....service for stuff that was poorly designed and now broken, leaking, noisy, rattling, etc. Sorry if that offends you, but the majority of the cognitive world formulates critical thought via interaction with the world outside of a phone app.
I never understood why people had such blind loyalty to something costing so much. I understand that some people equate price to happiness, but for others coming from ICE vehicles costing $70-120k most lux brands treat you far better, with much higher interior/exterior quality and with far more ease scheduling services. The overwhelming majority of owners here I can guarantee are buying these as daily drivers, which means it is their primary mode of transportation for: work, kids, vacations, etc. Uber credits aren't convenient nor is the constant worry that getting rear-ended may put your care in the shop for upwards of 3-6 months. Now add in how customer service and warranty claims vary wildly from site to site, along with "up to spec" constant retorts and having to jump through hoops at times just to get appointments or issues fixed and it makes "going all in" rather difficult for some of us.

Hopefully Tesla turns a corner, and that the Model Y doesn't relegate Model 3 owners now to the same level of support X and S owners now seem to be experiencing.

I hope so! My pre-AP car needs it and I love that price!

@BulldogsRus Tesla doesn't attract as many owners from those cars or brands as you'd think. Most Tesla trade-ins are a Prius - not that I expect Toyota to have bad service but Prius drivers simply don't have a point of reference when it comes to six figure cars, service, and do on. ANd usually the ones that have that blind defense urge haven't been with Tesla long enough to remember they weren't as bad before the Model 3 came along geither.

I never understood why people had such blind loyalty to something costing so much. I understand that some people equate price to happiness, but for others coming from ICE vehicles costing $70-120k most lux brands treat you far better, with much higher interior/exterior quality and with far more ease scheduling services. The overwhelming majority of owners here I can guarantee are buying these as daily drivers, which means it is their primary mode of transportation for: work, kids, vacations, etc. Uber credits aren't convenient nor is the constant worry that getting rear-ended may put your care in the shop for upwards of 3-6 months. Now add in how customer service and warranty claims vary wildly from site to site, along with "up to spec" constant retorts and having to jump through hoops at times just to get appointments or issues fixed and it makes "going all in" rather difficult for some of us.

Hopefully Tesla turns a corner, and that the Model Y doesn't relegate Model 3 owners now to the same level of support X and S owners now seem to be experiencing.

My wife drive a MB and the build quality and service is great. I've said the we are the motivated ones to come to a forum and discuss these issues. Imagine what the soccer mom with 3 kids and a job is thinking when she tries to get her car fixed. It's the fanboiism that keeps Tesla in the business of making customers the enemy.

My wife drive a MB and the build quality and service is great. I've said the we are the motivated ones to come to a forum and discuss these issues. Imagine what the soccer mom with 3 kids and a job is thinking when she tries to get her car fixed. It's the fanboiism that keeps Tesla in the business of making customers the enemy.
She will get her husband to deal with it!

• Funny
Reactions: Big Toys
I mean, there is a reason that so many people claim that a Benz is built like a tank, with doors that close like a bank vault. You literally have to go all the way down to the A-class to see actual cost-cutting, and even then the materials seem nice to the touch. Having said that, I don't believe like some here that even the Model S has a less luxurious interior than say, a Corolla. I found all 3 Tesla models rather pleasant to sit in, and tactile feel to me was pretty good all things considered.

It's the fanboiism that keeps Tesla in the business of making customers the enemy.
I agree. It's these rabid "fanboys" that are trying to make tesla fail whether they realize it or not. No company can survive on excuses, either Tesla gets its act together and people choose to remain customers, or it continues to decline and people choose to shop elsewhere. The mission "to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transportation" is successful, Tesla changed it to energy and now you can get a Tesla competitor that is as good or better than a Tesla was when they created that mission statement. You can buy a VW or a Ford EV now and use it exactly like we used our Teslas in 2012 - better in fact because back then there was no DC fast charging! If Tesla wants to stay relevant, they need to treat customers like customers, rather than enemies.

Most Tesla trade-ins are a Prius

I've been wondering why Model 3 owners drive very sllloooow... (can't blame it on the car)

prius-drivers-itsgreatyoure-savingithe-planetand-all-itsgreat-doit-from-the-slow-28563855.png

I agree. It's these rabid "fanboys" that are trying to make tesla fail whether they realize it or not. No company can survive on excuses, either Tesla gets its act together and people choose to remain customers, or it continues to decline and people choose to shop elsewhere. The mission "to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transportation" is successful, Tesla changed it to energy and now you can get a Tesla competitor that is as good or better than a Tesla was when they created that mission statement. You can buy a VW or a Ford EV now and use it exactly like we used our Teslas in 2012 - better in fact because back then there was no DC fast charging! If Tesla wants to stay relevant, they need to treat customers like customers, rather than enemies.

I've never understood how one company's mission "to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transportation" is to induce paying customers to buy other companys' cars. It is counterintuitive and reproduces the failed business model of the internet 90's, when it was the goal to lose investors' money. If Tesla's goal is to be satisfied that we move away from ICEs despite themselves, we should expect no changes to the CS model.

I had a guy ask me about how I liked my MS and I told him I did. (I left out the CS issues) He was hesitant to buy one now because his neighbor's M3 is always being flatbedded out of the driveway to the service center. What could I say?

Reactions: darxsys and am_dmd
Scheduled two weeks ago for 2019 upgrade to HW3. Take the car in this morning to Dallas Service Center and told that they are out of loaners. Service backed up. I say I'll wait. Get a text from Tesla, offered $100 in Uber dollars, since no loaners. After 30 minutes, they have a loaner. I drive home. Service Center says it will keep me informed. At 2PM, nothing.
I text back and ask when the car will be ready. Later, I get text. car will be done Thursday due to backup in Service Center. UNACCEPTABLE. This is the second time I have had problems with Dallas Service Center. WTF?
Should change name to prince or princess since you consider yourself royalty. Getting one of the earliest hw3 not adequate. Given a free loaner somehow is inconvenient too

• Disagree
Reactions: S3XY and trident
Scheduled two weeks ago for 2019 upgrade to HW3. Take the car in this morning to Dallas Service Center and told that they are out of loaners. Service backed up. I say I'll wait. Get a text from Tesla, offered $100 in Uber dollars, since no loaners. After 30 minutes, they have a loaner. I drive home. Service Center says it will keep me informed. At 2PM, nothing.
I text back and ask when the car will be ready. Later, I get text. car will be done Thursday due to backup in Service Center. UNACCEPTABLE. This is the second time I have had problems with Dallas Service Center. WTF?
Just dropped off my wife's car at the dealership where it's going to be a few days for some warranty work. No loaner offered, no Uber credits offered, no ride home provided but they did offer to call my wife to pick me up. WTF.

My two Tesla have been very reliable, and most of the friends that also own them have been very satisfied. That does not mean that some owners will not be satisfied as well.

Can you define "very reliable"?

For another post, I counted up in my 84 cumulative months of ownership of two vehicles, 18 service "visits" (either at SC or mobile). I feel I am on the "poor" side of quality but don't know what standard people are using.

Showstoppers - 2 (vehicle would not drive)
Near Showstoppers - 3 (vehicle would drive but not prudent to do so for FWD damaging trim if used, passenger window stuck completely open, failing ball bearing)
Quality Issues - 9 (S door handles, FWD sensors, misfitted door/window/roof seals)
Annual Service - 4 (when these were still a thing)