TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Brake issues on S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by flyhigh123, Aug 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Member

My mother has a 2017 Model S.

She told me yesterday that while in a parking lot, the cars brakes were malfunctioning.

She said it was a span of 5-10 secs, car was rolling forward under 5mph to park. When she pressed the brakes, nothing happened. The car just kept moving forward. She pressed it again and nothing. Finally she slammed her foot down hard and the car stopped, but by then the car scraped something.

Has anyone else had this issue with the brakes?

She's a bit freaked out. She was not pressing the accelerator as that would have caused a really bad crash.

I told her to take it in, have tesla pull the log.

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Also let her know the "park" button is the emergency brake.

• Like x 1
  3. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Did she just wash the car? I know that after a pressure wash I have to press down hard the first time, after that I'm good.

4. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Member

i dont think she just washed it. Lets see what the service center says if anything...

5. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

And I think you hold the button down to get it to work at speed. But going slow, it will stop you in your tracks (been there, done that by pushing it too soon before coming to a full stop)