Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Regeneration - Low To Non-Existent (Aussie Site - Discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also had this, Model 3 2021. I thought I was going crazy as our Model Y was normal. But lo and behold, with the new update, I got my regen back! Woohoo!
Have been running the latest software release for a bit now 2022.44.3

No differences I am afraid. I cannot one peddle drive the car anywhere, on a mountain or the city. I would consider it way too dangerous. I am always hovering my foot over the brake peddle as soon as releasing the accelerator.

If I take my foot completely off the accelerator on flat road, the car will just coasts along, slowly slowly to a stop, but obviously this is only possible if I have sufficient empty road in front.

You can watch the speedo count down kph by kph as it coasts.

So looks like for me, I just have to live with it. I have just lost one of the best things about the car.

No differences I am afraid. I cannot one peddle drive the car anywhere, on a mountain or the city. I would consider it way too dangerous. I am always hovering my foot over the brake peddle as soon as releasing the accelerator.

If I take my foot completely off the accelerator on flat road, the car will just coasts along, slowly slowly to a stop, but obviously this is only possible if I have sufficient empty road in front.

So looks like for me, I just have to live with it. I have just lost one of the best things about the car.
I would not be living with that. Time to be friendly and persistant.

Ahh yeah! I appreciate the sentiment, but I am worn out at the moment.

I need to rest and regroup. Need objective evidence. I am so so tired of testing, retesting, analysing, looking for new releases, hoping for a fix. I am just getting frustrated.

Better to switch off for a while. I can drive the car as it is, just like driving a petrol car. I am used to that 😀

The fun may not be there anymore, but I have done all I can at the moment.

I have not fully given up, I am always a believer in the future, I am just going into suspended animation for a while.😊

Reactions: paulp

that's not how it should be .. you should be able to one pedal drive easily and come to stop normally at a traffic signal just as you would using regular brakes .. you should get the car checked

To the OP, it is now three weeks since you started posting this. Have you booked it in for a Tesla service session? If you have no success with that, how about taking it to a SC and insist someone takes it for a drive to observe the lack of regen? You seem to have a major problem which other people do not have and the car is under warranty and should be fixed- probably ASAP.

To the OP, it is now three weeks since you started posting this. Have you booked it in for a Tesla service session? If you have no success with that, how about taking it to a SC and insist someone takes it for a drive to observe the lack of regen? You seem to have a major problem which other people do not have and the car is under warranty and should be fixed- probably ASAP.
Yes, I agree with everything you say.

I have been to a service centre.

The failure to stop on release of accelerator, physically clearly demonstrated.

Vehicle kept coasting for 10’s of meters with foot clearly off the accelerator.

They could not see anything wrong. They were of the opinion this was normal.

But I know, I know, the vehicle did have one peddle driving ability before, it does not now.

I have no explanation of Tesla’s responses during my requests for support. They seemed to be trying to talk me out of it, that I was imagining things.

Hence my interest in finding others with similar experiences.

To make sure I am not crazy. As That is how I feel.

I have no data to argue anything, but Tesla apparently do, based on their own documentation, that I quoted above. But they are not sharing it. Why not if it proves their case.

Sorry, I really do appreciate the follow up and the support, but I am really really exhausted, I need to step out of this for a while. Been spun around so many times.I must go into suspended animation as I have suggested earlier. 😉
I am just going to accept things as they are. It is what it is.

Again thanks.

Last edited: