Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brakes sticking after car gets wet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody had any issues with their brakes after the car being in rain and then parked? My brakes stick extremely bad when I pull my car out the garage after being wet. I have the car on creep and it won't even move when it's in reverse coming out of the garage. I have to apply some power then they break loose causing a really loud bang. Just curious if anyone experiences this. I've never experienced this with any other vehicles.

Has anybody had any issues with their brakes after the car being in rain and then parked? My brakes stick extremely bad when I pull my car out the garage after being wet. I have the car on creep and it won't even move when it's in reverse coming out of the garage. I have to apply some power then they break loose causing a really loud bang. Just curious if anyone experiences this. I've never experienced this with any other vehicles.
Happens to me regularly... every time I wash the car. I believe it's the parking brake sticking to the rotors in the back. I have thought of trying to dry out the parking brake by applying it at low speed but it hasn't been a concern.

I don't think anyone is implying it was news. Also, not everyone has been lurking on the forums for that long, new owners are joining every day.
And that is what the search function at the top of the page is for:
upload_2018-2-5_12-54-18.png

Reactions: kavyboy
Mine goes the other way from sticking, I will occasionally have no braking at all in wet conditions, I floor the pedal and get nothing, it feels like air in the system. A few pumps and all is fine again. I've missed a few stops because of this but plan on it now, so if it does happen I'm not going to be the cause of an accident.

I don't think anyone is implying it was news. Also, not everyone has been lurking on the forums for that long, new owners are joining every day.

For what it's worth it doesn't just happen when washing cars. I also have it happen when arriving home from driving in the rain. Here in Seattle that happens a lot.

Yup. Rain will do it too. Heat is the best solution, so use of brakes in the last mile or so.

It's a feature. welcome to owning the world's most advanced car.