Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new Y on 2022.15.102

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a LRMY that's less than a week old; It's fantastic.

This is probably a dumb question, but once I start getting updates (about 30 days after purchase is what I understand), will I then jump right to the latest version, or will I need to go through the updates incrementally?

Also, what are some of the main differences between 2022.15 and whatever is current?

So far this version seems pretty solid. The one nit I have is that my saved seat position in my profile is a little wonky. I always have to raise the back a bit, then resave, and do it all over again. This seems to happen after I've been out of the car for some time.

Reactions: jiehan
Those versions (that have 100+ numbers in the third octet), have been identified as "factory" firmware versions. I havent seen any list anywhere which identifies whats different in those versions, but if there are new features in the new versions they normally are not in those factory firmware versions.

Since the entire fleet of tesla vehicles is never all on the same firmware version, no one is going to be able to tell you exactly what version you will get when you start getting firmware updates. You may get whatever the latest one is, or the one before that, etc. Its whatever tesla has staged for a car with your particular configuration.

There will also be times (guaranteed) that you will not even receive some firmware version or other (meaning you will see people reporting about getting some firmware version, wait either patiently or impatiently, and not get it, only to get some updated version days / weeks later).