Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brexit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
gotta laugh

1654686936253.png

Just in case anyone incorrectly thought Brexit was even vaguely done or in any way positive ...

this should not be silent,

" the near total silence around this case has been one of its most extraordinary aspects. One month before Russia invaded Ukraine, as part of the legal action, documents disclosed by both me and Banks provided new insight about the relationship between the biggest funder of the Brexit campaign and the Kremlin in a multimillion pound trial against a journalist that 19 press freedom organisations said they believed was an abuse of law. Much of this went wholly unreported. Save for the Guardian, not a single mainstream news outlet covered any of it."

" if I hadn’t done so, some key facts about the political moment that changed our country forever – Brexit – could have been rewritten.The ability to report on the Kremlin’s involvement with leading individuals in the Brexit campaign would have been stifled forever. The record could have been changed."

"Whatever happens next, we have these now. We held the line. There were at least four meetings between the main funder of the Brexit campaign and the Russian government. There are reasonable grounds to believe there were many more. Fact."

The judgement itself is here

Last edited:
As predicted ...

Brexit has damaged UK’s competitiveness, reduced productivity and lowered Brits’ real wages​

Joint LSE / Resolution full report here

slideset

Reactions: JupiterMan
Not sure I fully agree with all of this

but these aspects are to the point, and the EU is fully aware of Brexiter long term objectives and short term tactics

Chinese embassy trolls UK over respect for international law, sad state of affairs

Statements of the blindingly obvious ....

... need to be made because stupidity is rife

... even though some notice
and

....but this should be the real way to do it : REJOIN
... in full

Reactions: Englishman
So Bozza will resign today but may not be replaced until October. They want to get down to 2 replacement candidates before they all go to the South of post Brexit France for the summer. I'm guessing the candidate won't rock the Brexit boat and stick with something similar. Government need to get the economy moving as a priority. Brexit changes will be a sure way to create in-fighting.

So Bozza will resign today but may not be replaced until October. They want to get down to 2 replacement candidates before they all go to the South of post Brexit France for the summer. I'm guessing the candidate won't rock the Brexit boat and stick with something similar. Government need to get the economy moving as a priority. Brexit changes will be a sure way to create in-fighting
I do wonder how effective his replacement will be in selling the non existent "sunlit uplands" to the masses and convincing people that breaking the law and ripping up international treaties is somehow positive for the UK.

For all his (many) failings, Johnson was a fantastic snake oil salesman, not many others in the Tories could do the same.

Johnson leaving is not the end of brexit, but perhaps it is the beginning of the end of this version of it.

Just think, in 2016 Johnson wrote two columns for the Telegraph, one 'Remain' and one 'Leave'.

He chose to publish the Leave article to solely further his political ambition and to ultimately become Prime Minister.

So we have had to endure Brexit, and my children will have to live with these effects, including loss of their opportunity, their freedoms and their rights, so that we could experience three years of law breaking, increased costs, stagnated economy, huge covid mistakes, unnecessary deaths, cronyism, lies, nepotism, fraud and scandal.

Johnson has been a stain on this country and clearing up his mess will take a long long time.