Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brexit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"every region of the UK now believes Brexit was an error, with 55% of those questioned believing that Brexit has gone badly compared with 33% who say it has gone well."

Just think, in 2016 Johnson wrote two columns for the Telegraph, one 'Remain' and one 'Leave'.

He chose to publish the Leave article to solely further his political ambition and to ultimately become Prime Minister.

So we have had to endure Brexit, and my children will have to live with these effects, including loss of their opportunity, their freedoms and their rights, so that we could experience three years of law breaking, increased costs, stagnated economy, huge covid mistakes, unnecessary deaths, cronyism, lies, nepotism, fraud and scandal.

Johnson has been a stain on this country and clearing up his mess will take a long long time.
Don’t forget the complicity of mainstream media that painted Corbyn as anti-Semitic.

Don’t forget the complicity of mainstream media that painted Corbyn as anti-Semitic.
To be fair Corbyn may well be anti-Semitic and/or anti-Zionist, though one has to get into angels on pinheads territory to come to a personal viewpoint on Corbyn's position on these things (which is such an unsavoury exercise I've personally just kept clear of the fruitcake zone). It is not hard to come to the conclusion that Corbyn was unelectable as UK PM. He was also no friend of the Remain campaign in any way, shape, or form.

Reactions: JupiterMan
To be fair Corbyn may well be anti-Semitic and/or anti-Zionist, though one has to get into angels on pinheads territory to come to a personal viewpoint on Corbyn's position on these things (which is such an unsavoury exercise I've personally just kept clear of the fruitcake zone). It is not hard to come to the conclusion that Corbyn was unelectable as UK PM. He was also no friend of the Remain campaign in any way, shape, or form.
I see how well the main-stream media has poisoned the well.

They tried the same sh*t with Bernie … didn’t fly because he is Jewish.

I see how well the main-stream media has poisoned the well.

They tried the same sh*t with Bernie … didn’t fly because he is Jewish.
Mmmm..... not sure I'm affected by mainstream media, I don't even have a TV. Over the years Corbin has acquired a lot of selfies of himself with some rather odd folk, and made lots of statements that raise eyebrows. Labour party internal politics are vicious and he has been one of the problem children all his career. It was a string of events that resulted in him becoming Labour leader, but that outcome also condemmed Labour to become unelectable for the vast majority of British.

"The UK has one of the highest death tolls in Europe, with a death rate of 2,689 per million people. The rate is higher than in Spain, with a rate of 2,295 deaths per million people, France, with 2,230, and Germany, with 1,704 deaths per million people, according to figures from Our World In Data as of 12 July.

The UK’s excess mortality rate is also higher than other European averages, running at 2,070 per million people, more than twice that of Germany’s, at 1,110, according to Our World in Data."

Brexit clearly didn't work.

"The UK has one of the highest death tolls in Europe, with a death rate of 2,689 per million people. The rate is higher than in Spain, with a rate of 2,295 deaths per million people, France, with 2,230, and Germany, with 1,704 deaths per million people, according to figures from Our World In Data as of 12 July.

The UK’s excess mortality rate is also higher than other European averages, running at 2,070 per million people, more than twice that of Germany’s, at 1,110, according to Our World in Data."

Brexit clearly didn't work.

I find it disgusting when government say vaccine roll out could not have happened if UK were in the EU.

As the UK initial vaccine roll happened when we were in the EU (in transition). any member state could have done exactly the same. totally bogus.

When you hear these fools describing this as a big brexit win, you realise that Brexit is going awfully badly if this is all they've got.

And besides, most of the credit goes to Pfizer, AstraZenica and Moderna, not bumbling politicians.

• Love
Reactions: petit_bateau
50% chance Bozza is a Putin super agent sent to control Trump in the field, 50% chance he likes caviar?
Putin has history in trying to unsettle Europe.

He has done this with immigration, allowing an influx of immigrants through Belarus, pushing them over the border to EU countries such as Poland, Lithuania and Latvia - all with the intention of unsettling the EU.

He has also done this with Brexit, where he has sought to buy in to British society and its media to push a pro-Brexit agenda which suits his narrative which has pushed immigration as the main brexit issue.

There is a reason there has been millions donated to the Tories from Russia, that the Daily Telegraph had a whole column sponsored by Russia, how many British business people previously connected with Russia promoted Brexit, and why the Tories even set up a "Friends of Russia" society to get closer to the Russian establishment and their roubles, also the Tories giving Lebedev a peerage and Johnson now admitting dumping his security detail to party with the KGB. Other notable Brexit politicians have also appeared on Russia's payroll.

There is likely a reason also why the Tories have flatly refused to investigate any of the Russia Report findings.... perhaps it would have shone a light on many of these things and would ultimately have been likely fatal for both Brexit and the Tory party?

This whole saga will implode at some point..... as Carole points out in her article, the profumo affair, which was a scandal at the time, pales in insignificance to this story of Johnson, Russia, Brexit and the British newspapers/media, yet many of your newspapers and broadcasters remain silent on this.... why?

"Imports from Northern Ireland to Ireland up 23%, while trade in other direction increases by 42%"

The RoI >> NI increases are plausible on the basis of honest trade. The NI >> RoI increases are somewhat less plausible on the basis of honest trade. It almost looks as if trade is being diverted from UK through NI to EU to avoid a EU border control at Calais. This is exactly what has been a concern for EU. I would expect the RoI >> EU trade data to be studied carefully in Brussels. The UK's refusal to comply with the NI section of the WA and give EU full access to the NI/UK trade etc databases is not a good look when data like this starts to surface.

It is interesting and revealing to see this Russian influence in the UK; I would say this even tipped the Brexit vote into its outcome. It isn't new to suspect that the anti-Tesla environmental forces in Germany were surreptitiously funded by oil companies, including Russia. What I am wondering now is if Russia supported the German anti-nuclear forces in order to strengthen its eventual influence via its gas and oil.

What I am wondering now is if Russia supported the German anti-nuclear forces in order to strengthen its eventual influence via its gas and oil.

That Russia has supported the various anti-nuclear forces in various countries right through the Cold War is common knowledge in defence & security circles. Most members of Greenpeace, CND, Greenham Women, etc and the corresponding stuff in all the other countries were not necessarily directly aware of this, in a state of denial even, but it was so. This lessened during the glasnost/perestroika period but then kicked off again as Putin gained control. However it seems that the Greens in Germany went through a cleansing process much more rigorously than in most countries and escaped that deep capture - they are now the firmest anti-Putin group in Germany.

The Cons in the UK on the other hand happily jumped snout first into the kompromat troughs ..... along with the BNP, Farage, et al ....

Mmmm..... not sure I'm affected by mainstream media, I don't even have a TV. Over the years Corbin has acquired a lot of selfies of himself with some rather odd folk, and made lots of statements that raise eyebrows. Labour party internal politics are vicious and he has been one of the problem children all his career. It was a string of events that resulted in him becoming Labour leader, but that outcome also condemmed Labour to become unelectable for the vast majority of British.
@EVNow you may find this interesting. Personally I don't have a dog in the infighting.

Truss and Sunak through. Brexit could become a topic of discussion over the summer.
it may have already already started.

Liz Truss has said she was "wrong" not to support Brexit in the referendum.

whatever happened to conviction politicians, those who were grounded in their opinions and did not flutter in the wind of populism?

We've had Johnson, Frost and Truss all change their minds on this for reasons of power..... no credibility whatsoever.

"Imports from Northern Ireland to Ireland up 23%, while trade in other direction increases by 42%"

The RoI >> NI increases are plausible on the basis of honest trade. The NI >> RoI increases are somewhat less plausible on the basis of honest trade. It almost looks as if trade is being diverted from UK through NI to EU to avoid a EU border control at Calais. This is exactly what has been a concern for EU. I would expect the RoI >> EU trade data to be studied carefully in Brussels. The UK's refusal to comply with the NI section of the WA and give EU full access to the NI/UK trade etc databases is not a good look when data like this starts to surface.

and .....