Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bricked vehicle after a failed install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 lr model 3

So last week I tried downloading a software update. I forgot which version but when I checked a few hours later it said the software update had failed

When I went out to my car, the doors wouldn’t open and it had limited functionality. Sentry mode worked, vent, honk etc still worked

Tesla roadside replaced the 12v after some codes and that did nothing. They sent another mobile service out and replaced the 12v and it’s still dead

With a fishing line, hook and the vent feature, I was able to break into my car and the car wouldn’t do anything since the cable is still stuck in the car. My 2019 does not have the manual charger release

Just curious, has this happened to anyone before? Or does anyone know what it may be? The mobile tech said it could be the pcs

Only mod I have on my car is the ingenext boost 50.

What should I expect? I’m outside of my 4 year warranty

Thanks

My 2019 does not have the manual charger release
My 2018 model 3 has one, so I would be extremely surprised if the 2019 doesnt. On my 2018, its in the exact same place it is in this video:

Here is a picture I just took after reading this thread (so today, 06/19/2024) of the manual charge port release in my 2018 model 3 performance:

IMG_0996.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: KenC