Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bring back Signature Red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Yes, I know it's a limited thing to the first 1000 units per model line, but there are times I swear that if that color were available, I'd buy a new Tesla in that color.

Yes, I know I could have it it repainted or wrapped, but it's still not the same thing when you consider all of the body edges that and such that would have to painted to replace the factory color.

Legitimately curious: What’s so special about it? I saw one at a supercharger a few weeks ago and honestly, I think their stock red looks way better on the S. Signature red makes the car look 20 years old imo.

Well it's my favorite color of all time on any car, not just the S. It comes up in conversation frequently among co-workers and other friends who own Tesla's who say they wished they could have gotten that color.

I guess you'll say the new roadster looks like it's 20 years old too when it comes out next year and the first 1000 are in the same color ?:p

Tesla-Roadster-902249.jpg

Legitimately curious: What’s so special about it? I saw one at a supercharger a few weeks ago and honestly, I think their stock red looks way better on the S. Signature red makes the car look 20 years old imo.

Loving Vin # S00162 more and more each day! I routinely get compliments on the color when I'm out and about with it.
FB_IMG_1563150993694.jpg

I’m debating now whether to go blue or red (default is white, but I’ve done that. Gray, done that). The current red is so so so hot, esp under the sun, with the dark 21s...think that’s it. The blue I think I’d get tired of. It does look so good tho, deep blue.

I'm not a red car kinda guy, not even dark red. Although, I do think the Model S looks good in red (so don't bash me red owners :)) Disclaimers out of the way, I saw a MS in signature red in person recently, and it really is gorgeous. I don't think it dates the car, I think it looks very expensive. Especially with silver turbines.

Reactions: NoCharge
Sig Red MS still turns heads, 7 years later. Wife's Model 3 red looks like a Toyota or Honda. I would support expanding the use of Sig Red with a $3000 premium. Then split the monies 50/50 between Tesla Motors and those who stepped up so long ago to layout $30k deposits to get THE color.