Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bristol delivery collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
zh8vrTa.png

Cmon Tesla, all I need is a VIN.

Ordered 11/02, M3P blue/white FSD, delivery to Bristol. :(

Fingers crossed it went well. I think I’m on the Asian King so late March in Bristol....
Ok, I collected from Bristol today, the journey up was really bad as the rain didn't stop, however at the time of our collection the sun almost came out.

Bristol are only doing 8 cars per day at the moment, this is set to increase in the future.

We had a group of four at 2pm, the staff were excellent, we did sign all paperwork prior to going out to the cars, however as the cars were in the car park I had given my car a quick once over before going into the shop.
No visible paint issues, I shall have a proper look tomorrow, no alignment issues and everything seems to work.

The staff were great and all cars were charged to about 90%

So far Bristol have been fantastic, thank you.

Ok, I collected from Bristol today, the journey up was really bad as the rain didn't stop, however at the time of our collection the sun almost came out.

Bristol are only doing 8 cars per day at the moment, this is set to increase in the future.

We had a group of four at 2pm, the staff were excellent, we did sign all paperwork prior to going out to the cars, however as the cars were in the car park I had given my car a quick once over before going into the shop.
No visible paint issues, I shall have a proper look tomorrow, no alignment issues and everything seems to work.

The staff were great and all cars were charged to about 90%

So far Bristol have been fantastic, thank you.

Glad to hear you had a good experience at Bristol! I look forward to our collection around mid-March!

Reactions: OfficialMark_H
I assume they are all in the open air without canopies or anything so if the weather is really bad on collection day then it’ll be hard and uncomfortable to inspect the paintwork etc?

I suppose also the other issue with signing off on the car before officially going out to it is that you have no idea if there are any interior issues.

There have been a number of occasions in the past where white interior has gone in short supply and seemed to have caused delays. In early days of Model 3 orders, white interior was removed from configurator for all models before becoming available again a few months later and as I understand, the same is similar for the SR now. Tesla seem to use the configurator to steer peoples choices away from options being limited, but unfortunately, they seem more reactive than proactive so by the time the configurator is reducing orders, manufacturing is already scraping the bottom of the barrel so existing orders get delayed.

When ordering a 'custom' car, you are effectively choosing what queue (based on spec and options [except fsd-software option]) you join and the speed of progress through these queues can vary dramatically at different points in time. Unfortunately the configurator estimate seems to wide of the mark for some options - difficult to game as accuracy seems to vary from month to month. But some get lucky and some don't.

You're probably right, but you'd think they would probably spot trends. For blue I'd assume that black and white were both pretty popular. It seems blue is less popular than the other colours (part of its appeal to me).

EDIT: I haven't really added anything of substance to the discussion, you said it much better than I did :)

Last edited:
I get the impression that some shortages are them not forecasting (such as blue was oversubscribed at launch) accurately enough but some are supplier limited - thinking 19" wheels, tow, white interior - based on the experience of launch specs. I suspect they now have a better handle on regional favorites so can predict better, but I suspect once in a while, possibly as with white interior now, certain options become supply limited or sacrificed at expense of other options. But you can never tell how long these things will go on for - sometimes a drought turns into a glut. Inventory stock sometimes give clues to what is in abundance, but its not so easy to judge what's in shortage unless you are caught up in it - we had a great spreadsheet in early days that tracked all this stuff so it was pretty clear what options were delayed. I'm not really following too much, but I get the distinct impression that white interior is a weak, or at least sacrificial link in their supply chain.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I went into the Bristol store today to check a couple of things on the model 3 (before I buy yet more accessories!).

They'd reconfigured the store since I was last in there with the service point moved half way up the store, model S no longer on display and the back half of the store with a model 3 behind a barrier. It's going to be even busier in there than usual.

I went into the Bristol store today to check a couple of things on the model 3 (before I buy yet more accessories!).

They'd reconfigured the store since I was last in there with the service point moved half way up the store, model S no longer on display and the back half of the store with a model 3 behind a barrier. It's going to be even busier in there than usual.
Lol I know it’s tempting. What accessories have you got so far... and what are you planning to purchase next?

Yup. I’ve got a hidden VIN now so you can rest easy :)

Good to know. Was interested in getting one myself and that might just tip it :) Thanks.
Also thinking of mats for trunk and frunk as although we get floor mats I’m not sure they are included.
Also a screen protector for the touchscreen and may be a wrap for the console?? Told it scratches v easily but may well wait and see...