Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bristol delivery collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm collecting tomorrow, so 1 day and only because I chased. I've never received a text from Tesla which is how most people seem to get told so I think there's just something awry there.

It would be good to get your view on the Bristol collection experience. I’m seriously considering switching my collection to Heathrow. A little bit further to travel for me but at least they are used to dealing with any issues, as well as being set up for under-cover collections.

It would be good to get your view on the Bristol collection experience. I’m seriously considering switching my collection to Heathrow. A little bit further to travel for me but at least they are used to dealing with any issues, as well as being set up for under-cover collections.
Dependent on how far through the process you are, you may have trouble switching it! I’ve heard people losing their vehicle allocations due to moving pickup location. Tesla aren’t particularly flexible

I went to the Bristol pickup location on Friday to get a feel for how my delivery is going to go, and also to ask a few questions in the store in the mall.

The cars are stored outside in car park J, plugged into the Tesla chargers there. When I got to the car park there were about 4 cars waiting to be collected, from what I could tell. It was a miserable day, I think if I had been collecting that day I would've been a bit disappointed as you wouldn't want to be outside looking around the car in the pouring rain, assuming you could even see any defects clearly with the rain on the paintwork.

If you're collecting from Bristol and are offering a selection of days for collection I would suggest checking the weather forecast and choosing a day that is least likely to be raining.

Compared to Heathrow or another place where the cars are collected undercover and with the benefit of indoor lighting this is a negative point.

On the plus side it looks like you'd get a personal experience from Bristol, as they are dealing with far fewer handovers. The Bristol SC is 1.7 miles away. I don't know how feasible/likely it would be to be able to get any delivery issues rectified on the day. Certainly there have been instances of Heathrow fixing things on site while you wait.

Bristol does have the advantage of you being able to turn up in advance of your collection time and inspect your car before going in and signing anything. Obviously you won't be able to check the interior, but you should have all the time you need to go over the bodywork. It looks like the cars are put outside several hours before collection, the cars I saw outside were there for the 3+ hours that I was there.

The reason I went for Bristol over Heathrow is that it was less than a 1/4 of the distance away. I could not get back from Heathrow or Birmingham without exceeding the 100 mile delivery inspection limitation. This would've meant that I would have to make sure everything is perfect before driving off. At least with Bristol I can drive home and then I have a few days to give the car a very good going over.

• Love
Reactions: pompeygreg
Yeah all good! I arrived a bit early (an hour before appt @ 2pm) so had a little spy of it outside beforehand, then went in and 'checked in' and they basically offered to give me a 1-2-1 or grab a coffee and come back for the group. So yeah, took the 1-2-1 and was out of there by 2.10pm. Shop was empty and didn't see any other collectors. Charge was at 90% and it was plugged in when I arrived.

Gave it a good look over and tested everything on the checklist, no problems at all that I can see. Stopped at Halfords to buy numberplate tape on the way back!

Just lovely to drive, especially coming from '63 reg Kia Sportage 1.7CRDi :D. And man does it shift! Though only had a short run, and only just put one pedal driving on when I got back (didn't know it was called Hold).

Home charger works, so all good!

And generic photo given this could be anyone's car...

OFz9YoZ.jpg

Only dissapointment is no linking of Google accounts for Maps history/recent searches on other devices, and as always non-Spotify interfaces are worse than legit Spotify; sorting playlists from oldest to newest with no option (that I can see) of changing that, for example.

Overall, awesome!

I used this one: mykeln/teslaprep. But to be honest I'm not that anal about such things and I was only really concerned about the paint since everything else can be sorted after/under warranty (and it's unlikely you'll spot EVERYTHING even if you spend an hour with a fine comb before driving off).

I noticed the tiniest amount of condensation in the passenger side rear light earlier when I was sorting the rear numberplate out. But it has been sat somewhere since getting off the boat for ~3 weeks under 2 storms so I'll just keep an eye on it now it's in use and being heated etc.

Otherwise no, no issues at all that I can see.

Reactions: Durzel